Help With Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NayR

Reaction score
Like others, remove the glove compartment box and get right under there. Bring a flashlight and long pliers/tweezers. I dropped a gift card back there and had to retrieve it.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how I can get access to the bottom or behind of the sliding door thing my debit card somehow fell in the bottom of the console when I slid that thing closed.
If it’s headache I’ll prob just order a new card

View attachment 142463

I had the same exact thing happen to me. If you remove the glove box you can reach around behind...barely...but I was able to snag mine. took all of 5 minutes.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemmee tell ya about this. Same thing happened on my 2017 Lariat right after I got it. I lost $4,000 in 8 company checks back there. The only way to get back there is take the center console out. And they had to remove a seat, or maybe both seats, to do that. It is a 3 hour job and cost me $300.00. Some will tell you that you can get behind there through the console. No you cannot. The console has to come out. My dealer told me they have done several for credit cards and other thin documents. Good luck,,, And do not put anything on there thinner than your elbow!!

Posts like yours are frustrating because they are fake. You may have gone through the process you described but I was able to retrieve mine by removing the glove box and reaching around behind it. To suggest yours is the only way is just not accurate and leads people down a path that is expensive and potentially pointless. It would be much more helpful to present your option as simply an extreme fix rather than the only option. As stated you are completely wrong that you can't get behind it any other way. I literally retrieved a lost check by removing the glove box and reaching around so yes...it can be done that way.

Trent 21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fake???!!! I can show you the invoice!! I was only stating what I was told. If it was wrong so be it. I didn't know different. Had other people verify what I was told also. Guess I am not as smart and woke as everyone else on here. I will just shut up.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I realize this is an old post, but I just lost a credit card in the same location a couple of weeks ago. It took me a while to find this post, but the suggestions given here helped me get it out in less than an hour. For those who only want a summary of the options, here they are in the order I tried them:

1. Pull the glove box down and look for the item in the narrow opening. (5-10 min)
2. Remove the six bolts from the console and slide it forward several inches to find the item. (30-35 min)

Option 1: @pbtjrlmrt - I tried the glove box method and I could not see my credit card in the narrow opening behind the center console. I stuck my hand in there and fished around and I was able to feel the card. Since I could barely reach it with the tips of my fingers, I was finally able to maneuver it towards me enough to see it. Once I could see it, I got a pair of long needle nose pliers, but I could not turn them in the tight space to get a hold of the card. Using my two fingers again, I tried pulling on the card, but instead of it coming out cleanly, it fell further down behind the console. :mad:

This method will only work if the item is on the passenger side and you can reach it from the glove box opening. If you can see your card and safely remove it, the whole process will take 5-10 minutes. If you cannot see it or it falls behind, go to option 2.

Option 2: @The Car Stereo Company - I followed a Youtube video showing a guy removing the center console from a 2020 F250, which is the same configuration, tools and process as my 2018 Raptor. I removed the 7mm bolt holding the driver side trim piece and pulled it off. I removed the trim piece at the top and then, removed the three 10mm bolts on the driver side. You have to slide the seat all the way backwards and forwards to get at the side bolts, but it is not necessary to remove either seat. Do the same thing on the passenger side, but there is no 7mm bolt holding the lower trim piece.

Scroll to the 8:40 mark for the removal:

Once the console was loose, I followed the advice of The Car Stereo Co and just slid it back several inches without disconnecting any wires. From the passenger side, I could see the area in the middle of the lower dash and my credit card was laying on the carpet.

Raptor 2018 Console.jpeg

This is how far I moved it back:

Raptor 2018 Console2.jpeg

After I retrieved my card, I slid the console back into place and reversed the steps to install the bolts and trim pieces.

This method will work regardless of where the item has fallen, but you might have to go in from the drivers side if the item has landed on that side of the console. The whole process took me about 45 minutes which included taking pictures.

After seeing how easy it was with options 1 and 2, I would not have been happy about being charged $300 for 3 hours worth of labor, because there is nothing that should have taken them that long to remove an item from behind the sliding door. I hope this helps others like @PNW_AJ who have lost items, as it is bound to happen at some point due to the design of the center console.

Last edited: