Help With Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNW_AJ

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can get access to the bottom or behind of the sliding door thing my debit card somehow fell in the bottom of the console when I slid that thing closed.
If it’s headache I’ll prob just order a new card

725CD72D-137B-4E50-AD00-2D0EEF2A243B.jpeg

Trent 21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemmee tell ya about this. Same thing happened on my 2017 Lariat right after I got it. I lost $4,000 in 8 company checks back there. The only way to get back there is take the center console out. And they had to remove a seat, or maybe both seats, to do that. It is a 3 hour job and cost me $300.00. Some will tell you that you can get behind there through the console. No you cannot. The console has to come out. My dealer told me they have done several for credit cards and other thin documents. Good luck,,, And do not put anything on there thinner than your elbow!!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it better not be a 3 hour job. whoever billed you billed too many hours. im working on a 2020 right now and in 3 hours i had the center console out, as well as the entire interior and had sound deadening laid. you can pull the center console out in just a few min if you know what you are doing. and you can probably loosen the bolts and slide it back a couple inches without disconnecting everything

D

Deleted member 12951

Anyone know how I can get access to the bottom or behind of the sliding door thing my debit card somehow fell in the bottom of the console when I slid that thing closed.
If it’s headache I’ll prob just order a new card

Are you saying this happens if you leave a card on top of sliding door?

OP
OP
PNW_AJ

PNW_AJ

Reaction score
Are you saying this happens if you leave a card on top of sliding door?
Yeah it slid on the top of the door when it was closed to the back when I was in the drive thru and moved

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres 6 10mm bolts that hold the console in place. one 7mm bolt by the gas pedal. 4 7mm bolts that hold the tray in place. i had the center console out of this truck in less than 15 min. you can probably pull the bolts and slide the console back without having to remove the shifter and cable. then just slide it back in and put the bolts back in

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
My step dad and I had a similar situation in his F150. We undid the tabs for the glove box and I was able to fish through to the backside of the console and pull out his card in 5 minutes.

Trent 21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if these guys say you can do it in 15 minutes then go for it. I have seen a similar thread on other forums that verify my situation. They could Not get to the checks where they had fallen.. There is another wall behind the console. But what do I know? Shrug. Good luck.