Help: Problem with Upfitter Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just starting my lighting project .. ordered BD rear lights, BD lights (3) to replace the factory fogs and all the harnesses from @Specialtyperformanceparts.

There was no way to access the AUX wires on my truck without removing the battery. Based on some concerns posted by others, the doors & tailgate were closed and my key was in the house. Both sets of my wires were wrapped in red tape and then white tape which I had to carefully cut then peal off. Underneath were two sets of wires, one wrapped in red tape and one in white tape.

I crimped all the connectors on. Not much wire length to work with - screwed up the first wire twice FFF! but had enough connectors to get them all done.

Tomorrow, I'll try to find the AUX1 & Fog wires located in the bumber and install the Relocation Kit from @Specialtyperformanceparts and then work on the rear lights.

Only apparent issue when battery was reconnected is I had to re-select the My View screens.

IMG_4681.jpegIMG_4683.jpegIMG_4686.jpegIMG_4687.jpegIMG_4688.jpeg

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they do it to discourage do-it-yourselfers ... I barely had enough room to crimp the ends correctly which is why i screwed up twice.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It’s strange that they didn’t make this easy! 6 inches longer wire taped up next to bulkhead…
That’s what I was thinking too. What do you guys thing about us putting together say a 6-8” extension set with the single Weather Pack connectors like we include with our harnesses on one end, and heat shrink butt connectors on the other. So you crimp them on the switch wires and shrink them down to seal and you have your plug n play connectors… would you guys like that?

John

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 6” you ask for cost money which reduces profit. Pennies matter in production. Simple fact…. Or they could not have done this at all and made you pull wires yourself.

TimmyP

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking too. What do you guys thing about us putting together say a 6-8” extension set with the single Weather Pack connectors like we include with our harnesses on one end, and heat shrink butt connectors on the other. So you crimp them on the switch wires and shrink them down to seal and you have your plug n play connectors… would you guys like that?

John
I think this is a great idea, I unfortunately won't be purchasing just because I have already wired a few things in already. If anyone is a light DIY person, this would be perfect.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

John
John, you are making things too easy! They should suffer like the rest of us!

gdestiny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just added some BD S2 reverse lights to my friends Gen 3 and it was such a PIA finding the wires and then realizing how short they were compared to my Gen 2. The Gen 2 wires and placement was much better imo then the Gen 3.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

John
Name your price John. My Apple Pay is waiting

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive a dead thread here. But has anyone successfully used the Aux #3 pass through to the footwell? Manual says it’s a green/blue wire.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive a dead thread here. But has anyone successfully used the Aux #3 pass through to the footwell? Manual says it’s a green/blue wire.

Answered my own question. I used the solid yellow pass through wire on my 2021, and matched that to the aux 3 green/blue hot wire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter