Help: Problem with Upfitter Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would they make it that you have to remove the battery? Guess too many people shorting out stuff? Odd!

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
For those of you doing this work, here's a picture of both sets of wires. The hot wires are the ones taped with the red tape. It’s a little hard to tell which is which TBH. You have to pull off both sets. It would be nice for ford to label each wire “Aux 2 - hot”…
You are a brave man! I struggled with the battery in getting to those wires and adding weather connectors. I heard many horror stories of things going wrong if you disconnect battery.

OP
OP
R

robopop

Reaction score
Agreed! IMO a very poor design choice.

The wires also do not have much extra length to work with. They easily could have added another 6" to the upfitter wires and tied them off on the passenger side body, removing the need to remove the battery and making it easier to make connections to them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those of you doing this work, here's a picture of both sets of wires. The hot wires are the ones taped with the red tape. It’s a little hard to tell which is which TBH. You have to pull off both sets. It would be nice for ford to label each wire “Aux 2 - hot”…
If you popped off the inner fender liner or removed the headlight assy, would that make it a lot easier I wonder?

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
If you popped off the inner fender liner or removed the headlight assy, would that make it a lot easier I wonder?
I started to do that but I saw a crossmember that may have been in the way. After about an hour of trying to get my fat hand between the battery and having 3 or 4 cranberry vodkas, I finally asked my son to see if he could get his hand in the (21 and skinny as F*&K) and within 5 mins, he had it out. SMFH.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I started to do that but I saw a crossmember that may have been in the way. After about an hour of trying to get my fat hand between the battery and having 3 or 4 cranberry vodkas, I finally asked my son to see if he could get his hand in the (21 and skinny as F*&K) and within 5 mins, he had it out. SMFH.
Yeah I was only asking as when I had my headlights and inner fenders off on my gen 1, there was tons of room around that area.

dc1gator

Reaction score
Hello all - have hooked up my new a-pillar lights to the up fitter switches (using switch 6, but have also tried switch 2), and I get no power.

I have verified the lights are working connecting them directly to the battery.

My fog lights turn on and off with Upfitter switch 1,

But I am getting no power from the other up fitter switches. I've seen a few other posts on this but no clear resolutions.

Brand new 2021 Gen3 Raptor 37.

Any help on next steps to debug?
Where did you get mounts for A Pillar lights? Who made them?

johnbud

Reaction score
Hello all - have hooked up my new a-pillar lights to the up fitter switches (using switch 6, but have also tried switch 2), and I get no power.

I have verified the lights are working connecting them directly to the battery.

My fog lights turn on and off with Upfitter switch 1,

But I am getting no power from the other up fitter switches. I've seen a few other posts on this but no clear resolutions.

Brand new 2021 Gen3 Raptor 37.

Any help on next steps to debug?
When you get this working, can you post photos of the passenger side kick panel wiring, thanks.