Help: Problem with Upfitter Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robopop

Reaction score
Hello all - have hooked up my new a-pillar lights to the up fitter switches (using switch 6, but have also tried switch 2), and I get no power.

I have verified the lights are working connecting them directly to the battery.

My fog lights turn on and off with Upfitter switch 1,

But I am getting no power from the other up fitter switches. I've seen a few other posts on this but no clear resolutions.

Brand new 2021 Gen3 Raptor 37.

Any help on next steps to debug?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the fuses in place for those switches, not sure how they are wired on the gen 3, but previous years you had to hard wire together. What does the owners manual say? In the meantime I'm going to search.

edit: couldn't find a fuse diagram that even mentions the upfitter switches.

Last edited:

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Hello all - have hooked up my new a-pillar lights to the up fitter switches (using switch 6, but have also tried switch 2), and I get no power.

I have verified the lights are working connecting them directly to the battery.

My fog lights turn on and off with Upfitter switch 1,

But I am getting no power from the other up fitter switches. I've seen a few other posts on this but no clear resolutions.

Brand new 2021 Gen3 Raptor 37.

Any help on next steps to debug?
The are 2 sets of wires. One group is for uplifters, the other is for the fuse box on passenger side. I think you have them connected to wrong group? (just a thought).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.40.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 7.40.39 AM.png
    669.3 KB · Views: 213
OP
OP
R

robopop

Reaction score
Hello all - MYSTERY SOLVED.

Embarrassingly I figured it out by reading the manual (RTFM)...

Thank you GoBlueJD as well - you are 100% right - I had it connected to the wrong set.

The manual suggests removing the battery and battery tray to access the wires. Once I did this I was able to see the right set of wires.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score

There are TWO sets of wires next to the battery, one set running to the cabin (these are not HOT), and one set that are HOT and connected to the switches.

The manual suggests removing the battery and battery tray to access the wires. Instead of doing this, I just looked down and pulled the wires out and got the wrong set.

On reading the manual I removed the battery and battery tray and was able to see the wires that are connected to the switches. All is working now.
LOL - Just like I said above. Glad you got it figured out.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thank you GoBlueJD as well - you are 100% right - I had it connected to the wrong set.

The manual suggests removing the battery and battery tray to access the wires. Once I did this I was able to see the right set of wires.
Can you post a picture of the manual where it says that, it may save somebody a headache as well.

OP
OP
R

robopop

Reaction score
For those of you doing this work, here's a picture of both sets of wires. The hot wires are the ones taped with the red tape. It’s a little hard to tell which is which TBH. You have to pull off both sets. It would be nice for ford to label each wire “Aux 2 - hot”…

Attachments

• 880B28DE-5770-44EA-B4DD-2864A9934BBE.jpeg
    880B28DE-5770-44EA-B4DD-2864A9934BBE.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 219