Help with upfitter switch 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I would ask for the Forum for help on this one. I properly wired all the Upfitter switches when I initially bought the truck brand new in 2020 and up until six months ago, I’ve never had any issues. Now the battery drains in two days if I dint keep a battery tender connected and the upfitter switch number five that controls my rigid industries yellow LED fog lights started blowing the fuse about every month and a half I replace it. Then last month Upfitter switch #4 which controls a pair of rigid industry LED fog lights, again I have never had any issue with a fuse or not working, all of a sudden stop working, and the fuse not blown. I even tried installing a new ten-amp fuse And switching with other fuses that I know we’re working and still no luck.

Then I checked the connections at the fog lights and at the upfitter wires, they are not loose or I don’t see any breaks or burns in the wires.

lastly, I haven’t done anything any differently in terms of adding electronics or tapping into the fuse box. The only thing I did differently, was I swopped one pair of fog lights to their new pair of rigid industries fog lights. I did this a while ago and it was working fine until a month ago.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm... where is the trucked parked normally? Closed garage? Car Port? Driveway? Barnyard?

Sounds like there may be a short in a few places from a critter of some kind. Just a guess though (one I've seen a few times. But, I'm just a dumb farm hick. ;) )

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... where is the trucked parked normally? Closed garage? Car Port? Driveway? Barnyard?

Sounds like there may be a short in a few places from a critter of some kind. Just a guess though (one I've seen a few times. But, I'm just a dumb farm hick. ;) )
Outside. No critters, but that was my thought too

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the wattage on the new lights the same as the old? Relays could be getting tired. How are the lights grounded?
Yes, same watts. grounding hasn’t changed. Which relays are you referring too?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still your gen 1? most likely is the aux panel itself. have been seening a few go bad in recent times. got a meter? time to start testing

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still your gen 1? most likely is the aux panel itself. have been seening a few go bad in recent times. got a meter? time to start testing
Thanks. No, this in my Gen 2. I am using five upfitter switches, three no issuers from day one. Do you think it’s possible just one or two switches are acting up or would the entire panel either work or not work? I have a meter but don’t know how to trouble shoot this. Feedback appreciated

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. No, this in my Gen 2. I am using five upfitter switches, three no issuers from day one. Do you think it’s possible just one or two switches are acting up or would the entire panel either work or not work? I have a meter but don’t know how to trouble shoot this. Feedback appreciated
its very possible only a couple will not work. best way to test is at the switch. it gets the same power for all the switches. from there it goes to the relays. pull the switch out and test each one. you still have my number? if not text me. (831) 254-7562

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its very possible only a couple will not work. best way to test is at the switch. it gets the same power for all the switches. from there it goes to the relays. pull the switch out and test each one. you still have my number? if not text me. (831) 254-7562
Much appreciated. I’ll be calling you for sure. Thanks again