Help! No power on Upfitter 1 and 2, fuses are good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WV_Raptor

Reaction score
I didn't think I was a complete moron but I'm starting to wonder now.....

I got some LP4's with the LP9 harness so I thought I'd do the best thing and do the extension wires and fuse block like @MAMiller44 did here: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/how-to-clean-upfitter-aux-wiring-fuse-block-install.81226/

Everything was going well until it suddenly didn't...I'm not sure where in the course of events things went sideways.

I tested the wires and got the correct bundle (2019 with powered bundle on engine side), got everything put together and still had power where I was supposed to. The is where my memory gets foggy....I think I hooked up a single LP4 using the LP9 harness straight up to make sure the light worked....

At some point either me unhooking the battery or something, I lost power to both Aux1 and Aux2. I checked the split M fuses in slots 12 and 55 and they checked good but still no power. Pulled the fuse and checked power to the fuse....good power to one side of the fuse with the upfitter switched on......but still no power on the wires.

What else is there? Where'd my power go? Is there anything between the truck fuse and the wiring that I'm not seeing, a relay maybe?

Any help for hooking up 2 LP4's using the LP9 harness and upfitters would be uber grand too!

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any LP’s will blow fuses on aux 1 and 2, are you 100% positive they’re good?

Each LP draws 7.5a total (6.5a for the normal lights and 1.0a for the side ones). Rule of them is never load a circuit more than 80%. So the 15a on aux 1 and 2 should actually never exceed 12.0a.

OP
OP
WV_Raptor

WV_Raptor

Reaction score
The problem I is that my upfitter wires under the hood do not have power on Aux1 and Aux2, all the others have power.

I'm going to try replacing the fuses just for S&G's even though they seemed to test good as I have no other ideas other than take it to the dealer.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Got for scan or a code reader? See if you have any BCM codes set or others. There’s a lot of computer involvement and I had to clear DTC’s with forscan when I tried to tap the bed lights circuit. Fuse did not blow, but computer set DTC’s and disabled the circuit.

good luck

OP
OP
WV_Raptor

WV_Raptor

Reaction score
Thanks! I just dug up my old ODBII reader....headed outside now.

I do have forscan so maybe I'll use that and do a few other things while I'm in there.

OP
OP
WV_Raptor

WV_Raptor

Reaction score
P0035 code -- Turbocharger or Supercharger Bypass Valve Control Circuit High....clears but comes back after restarting the truck.

OP
OP
WV_Raptor

WV_Raptor

Reaction score
CEL went away on its own today....so that's good.

Still trying to find where I'm losing power to the underhood wires

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Have you tested your fuses with a meter (ohm them out for continuity)? The fuses are different from year t year that's why I ask, make sure you are checking the correct fuses.

OP
OP
WV_Raptor

WV_Raptor

Reaction score
It's a 2019....I'm testing the ones that the manual has...12 and 65 I think...both are 15A split M fuses and there's only 1 or maybe 2 other 15A M fuses in there.

When I pull those fuses and test them with the upfitter flipped on I have voltage there and it goes away when I turn off the upfitter.

I'm totally baffled....unless there's an open in the wire from the bottom of the fuse panel to the top where the bundle ends are...I guess I should check that but I don't know if there's anything else in between or if it's just a wire.

All other upfitters are good to go still...so it's not getting worse! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc