Help! My arms aren't long enough!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aurik

Reaction score
Last weekend was my first time washing my new (to me) Raptor. I'm not a small guy - 6'2", and I went ahead and got the Adam's Step Stool, which I thought would be plenty of height/reach to get to the whole roof (It's plenty for my wife's Acadia). But much to my chagrin, my arms are still about a foot too short to get to the center of the roof.

How the heck do you guys get to the middle of the roof of your Raptors when you're washing/detailing them?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I'm washing the roof, I open the doors, stand on the running boards and/or the sill plates and can reach just fine with my mitt, then close the doors and rinse. I never have used a stool. For waxing, it's the same way. I always wash ,my door jams etc afterwards and wipe dry with a clean dry towel.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
When I'm washing the roof, I open the doors, stand on the running boards and/or the sill plates and can reach just fine with my mitt, then close the doors and rinse. I never have used a stool. For waxing, it's the same way. I always wash ,my door jams etc afterwards and wipe dry with a clean dry towel.

Also, at the rear of the truck, you can actually lower the tailgate, get into the bed of the truck and do all sorts of fun things (and some not so fun things). Anyway, you can also use the bed to wash, dry and wax the rear portion of the roof.

Be sure to remove all the stuff from the bed of the truck, and put the tailgate up ! :happy160: :)