Help! My arms aren't long enough!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Last weekend was my first time washing my new (to me) Raptor. I'm not a small guy - 6'2", and I went ahead and got the Adam's Step Stool, which I thought would be plenty of height/reach to get to the whole roof (It's plenty for my wife's Acadia). But much to my chagrin, my arms are still about a foot too short to get to the center of the roof.

How the heck do you guys get to the middle of the roof of your Raptors when you're washing/detailing them?
Four foot double sided aluminum ladder works very well. I also purchased the Adams ladder thinking it would work from what others were saying but I guess they forgot to mention they were at least 6'10".

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I wash with the the wash pole pictured above and dry and wax by opening the moon roof with my shoes off stand on the seats! I can reach the entire roof from there and have a nice look down view of my truck from there too!

Blue Thunder

Reaction score
Yep, first time I set out to wash Blue Thunder, had same issues. Also, first truck in about 10 years, forgot how long it really takes to wash/dry/wax/etc. a truck this size properly.
gorilla step ladder and brush extender along with climbing into the bed.
Ordered the Adams polish and ceramic coating, should be here Wednesday. Will just need a day where its not sunny and 90 plus degrees.

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a step stool and stand on the edge of the bed wall by the back window. I am only 5’8” in the morning. Lol.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried my work platform for the roof but I can’t get all of it. The running boards with the doors open is perfect for me. I can get the windshield and the rear window too.