Help! My arms aren't long enough!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I have the exact same problem, I really thought the Adam’s platform would solve the problem of me using the door sill and getting soap and water dripping down inside but I’m quite a few inches shorter than I need to be. But it does help me get onto and off the bed rail where I can get half of the moonroof back, then I have to reposition it to get on top of the front tire to reach the rest. I’ve busted my butt a few times without the Adam’s step, and haven’t fallen yet with it, so there’s that going for me.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a metal folding chair that I use for a stool. I'm 6' 4", so I have pretty good reach.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
I think I saw this recommendation elsewhere on the forum when I picked up my Raptor. The “Gorrila Aluminum Heavy-Duty Adjustable-Height PRO Slim-Fold Work Platform, 375 lbs. Load Capacity” platform has been perfect for washing and drying. I can also get all the water out of the hood vents when drying. This particular unit has feet that expand out further for better stability. I did buy some anti-slip tape and stuck it to the top when it was new. I would not use it without first applying the anti-slip. I highly recommend it.

45A463EF-C41A-478D-9D07-7937263F867C.jpeg

I picked mine up from Home Depot. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend at $135. The utility of it turns out it’s worth it. It’s also great as a table when doing projects in the garage or when painting around the house. Home Depot also has the non-slip tape.

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
The first time I washed the truck I was concerned the step stool was going to tilt and really **** me off when I caused the dent, not caused by an off-road mishap, which is somehow ok. Offroad mishaps are partly ok because of the smile on my face when I was doing something at the limit in my favorite toy.

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a "Little Giant" ladder that I use in 4' A-frame configuration, works well for me. Reaching the center of the roof on a Raptor is not easy for someone 6' tall, also the center of the hood in front of the windshield.