Help a Gal out with suspension on a gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sharpie

sharpie

Reaction score
Greetings from (Lafayette) LA!
I work at Jackson Barracks! I've seen a few Raptors around the area. Might have seen yours around if you've had it for a while.

I recently added Deaver +2 Leaf springs, Geiser front coils, and got my shocks rebuilt. Sitting on bottom perch. Here's how mine sits now. Pretty close to level.
(Though, from what I hear, the Geisers will settle an inch or two.)

View attachment 328295
Hey there,
Very nice looking truck!
What prompted you to change the rear springs? How’s the ride when you hit those rr tracks on N Claiborne, lol?

kuuzi

Reaction score
I wasn't going to reply but you are getting so much bad advice I couldn't help it. The absolute worst place to get suspension advice beyond maybe brand name or peripherals is any kind of forum. There may be some who know their stuff but you have no way to know who that is. Most who propose mid perch/Geiser as just ignorant weekenders giving their honest uninformed extremely biased opinion. Suspension upgrades are expensive hard to reverse modifications that will fundamentally change how your truck drives and performs. Find a reputable Raptor suspension shop and have a discussion about your use case and what you want to achieve then based on budget make your decisions. THe idiots on here that pop off with Geiser/half perch/etc/etc have no idea what your preferences are, how you use the truck/ do you tow, do you carry anything in the bed, what are you going for, what would be your good/better/best outcome with a suspension change, etc, etc. Nope, they just pop off with information that may or may not be useful or appropriate in your specific case. The best advice anyone can give you on suspension mods is to seek the advice of a reputable suspension professional.
Plus the original post states, I need new shocks, I want to raise the front alittle, and don’t want to break the bank.
Why pay someone to tell you what you can do when you have over ten years of experience within forums.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How can you get better advice than people that drive these every/almost everyday?

Agree with @Jakenbake east coast is a whole different world. And NOLA is beyond different
This guy is a fool, where do you think most of us got our work done at? I've only had my Raptor at the best shops, Outlaw Offroad, RPG and Westside Offroad Group. Yeah these aren't reputable shops at all, omg, what a ****** this guy is.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't going to reply but you are getting so much bad advice I couldn't help it. The absolute worst place to get suspension advice beyond maybe brand name or peripherals is any kind of forum. There may be some who know their stuff but you have no way to know who that is. Most who propose mid perch/Geiser as just ignorant weekenders giving their honest uninformed extremely biased opinion. Suspension upgrades are expensive hard to reverse modifications that will fundamentally change how your truck drives and performs. Find a reputable Raptor suspension shop and have a discussion about your use case and what you want to achieve then based on budget make your decisions. THe idiots on here that pop off with Geiser/half perch/etc/etc have no idea what your preferences are, how you use the truck/ do you tow, do you carry anything in the bed, what are you going for, what would be your good/better/best outcome with a suspension change, etc, etc. Nope, they just pop off with information that may or may not be useful or appropriate in your specific case. The best advice anyone can give you on suspension mods is to seek the advice of a reputable suspension professional.
You're out to lunch, and you are the one giving bad advice. Go drive your Prius!

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did Shock rebuild. Absolutely zero down time. I used Forged Off Road. Its a exchange. They sent me a rebuilt set and I had so many days to send them my originals. Plug and play and very affordable. No complaints at all and very happy with what I got

OP
OP
sharpie

sharpie

Reaction score

OP
OP
sharpie

sharpie

Reaction score
Well, I figure who better to ask- the guys who are passionate about their trucks, some of which work on them and can share their experiences and reviews with parts they’ve installed. When I ask local mechanics about it I get shrugged shoulders or “we can try a lift kit” as no one is really familiar with Raptor specific models and the dealership has no helpful information but wants to sell me a single oem shock for $680 where I can get it for $360 online