Help a Gal out with suspension on a gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sharpie

sharpie

Reaction score
I did Shock rebuild. Absolutely zero down time. I used Forged Off Road. Its a exchange. They sent me a rebuilt set and I had so many days to send them my originals. Plug and play and very affordable. No complaints at all and very happy with what I got
Maybe I can check them out when I have my old shocks removed…thanks!

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geiser springs are a little less fun on the road than the stock ones, stiffer ride, but are infinitely better off-road, all depends where you expect to use your truck...
I just went from stock coils to the progressive Geiser and new OEM shocks in the front. The ride is great and less front end diving under braking. Off and on road is better and I left them at low perch.

Attachments

• IMG_20211030_123917_983.jpg
    IMG_20211030_123917_983.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 15

Maintecheib

Reaction score
My $0.02, Just installed my spare rebuilt, w/flutter stack, shocks, by Forged Off Road, inside Eibach springs, low perch. Had them at mid perch for a week, made the truck jittery, switched to low very smooth and gave me the 2 inches of lift I wanted. Also installed a set of Deaver +2 Leaf springs, (non-HD). Gave the rear the 4+ inches, settled a bit now to about 2", that I was looking for. Love the over all ride and look of the new set up.

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to mid perch and back to low perch is probably the least expensive and least permanent change one can do.
Plus people are just throwing out different options on what they have done and have experienced.
I’d trust this forum more than a “reputable professional”.
if anyone feels like they have received bad advice and want to return their truck to stock, I have factory leaf springs, front coil springs, air box and intake, and other oem stuff i would be willing to part with at reasonable cost... lol... sure you get opinions... sometimes folks talk out their a$$... there is real knowledge to be found... but it is a forum by enthusiasts for enthusiasts... its in the best spirit of going somewhere, anywhere, a friend's garage, tailgate in the driveway, where ever and just talking cars/trucks...

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I figure who better to ask- the guys who are passionate about their trucks, some of which work on them and can share their experiences and reviews with parts they’ve installed. When I ask local mechanics about it I get shrugged shoulders or “we can try a lift kit” as no one is really familiar with Raptor specific models and the dealership has no helpful information but wants to sell me a single oem shock for $680 where I can get it for $360 online
Don't use local mechanic, back yard wannabe dudes, passionate sky is the limit tin foil hat guys or anyone else other than a reputable paid professional suspension expert specializing in Raptor or at least F150. In case you haven't noticed you get a lot of memorized canned answers and they may or may not work for you. I LMAO at the "dudes" who leveled their truck and are squatting *** low on the trail pulling their OHV gear or overland trailer...they gotta be be bottoming out in addition to looking like the noobs they are. So much idiocy on the forums regarding suspension. I'm a little passionate about it cause I almost took their advice for my setup and it would have cost me dearly in terms of money and capability. The only thing the forum got right was the brand name...all other information ranged from useless to dangerous. Raptor is distinguished from all other trucks for one primary reason...suspension...before messin with it I think a reputable professional specializing in suspensions and specifically Raptor suspensions would be worth the consult.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't use local mechanic, back yard wannabe dudes, passionate sky is the limit tin foil hat guys or anyone else other than a reputable paid professional suspension expert specializing in Raptor or at least F150. In case you haven't noticed you get a lot of memorized canned answers and they may or may not work for you. I LMAO at the "dudes" who leveled their truck and are squatting *** low on the trail pulling their OHV gear or overland trailer...they gotta be be bottoming out in addition to looking like the noobs they are. So much idiocy on the forums regarding suspension. I'm a little passionate about it cause I almost took their advice for my setup and it would have cost me dearly in terms of money and capability. The only thing the forum got right was the brand name...all other information ranged from useless to dangerous. Raptor is distinguished from all other trucks for one primary reason...suspension...before messin with it I think a reputable professional specializing in suspensions and specifically Raptor suspensions would be worth the consult.
I think you have that wrong, this forum generally has it right with leveling the truck.
Now towing and putting excessive weight on the rear is another story, most people that you may have seen with that squatting never did any research on here, and/or are just too damn cheap to buy springs and bump stops and/or weight distribution hitches.

I have the Deavers +2 HDs and am on Mid-perch.
She sits almost an inch high in the rear and I can put 1000 lbs. evenly in the bed and the back drops almost an inch to level.

Last edited:

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know i'll regret asking, but if this is how you feel and forums are very much about sharing technical information, why are you here?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i know i'll regret asking, but if this is how you feel and forums are very much about sharing technical information, why are you here?
He is here, because he is a troll. Seen his type lots before, just looking for somebody to spat with. Useless **** who offers nothing. He is the type that offers you a box of cookies, but it's empty. Nobody likes an empty box of cookies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter