Help a Gal out with suspension on a gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sharpie

Reaction score
Hi all!
I’ve been reading all the posts in the suspension section and my head is spinning. It’s time to replace front and rear shocks on my 2014 super cab (4 door). I’ve already ordered original replacement shocks from rock auto for the rear (part ASH24541) but for the front end I was hoping to get a little lift as the truck seems slightly lower on the front. So before I order oem replacement shocks and springs can you guys make any recommendations? Possible upgrades that won’t break the bank. I don’t go off-road but do drive the streets in New Orleans (probably worse than off road, haha). Thanks so much :)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, you can adjust the front shocks to mid perch or top perch for even more lift. They come installed from the factory at the bottom setting. Ive been at top perch before and it gives you a raked look, where the front is higher than the rear, the midperch is where I am at now and that will level the truck with stock springs front and rear. I have deaver springs in the rear, so the rear sits a bit higher than stock, at mid perch. If you order oem from rock auto they come at bottom perch, but are easily adjusted to mid perch since they don't come with new springs (coils). Good luck and lets see some pics of your raptor!

OP
OP
sharpie

sharpie

Reaction score
So new stock front shocks set to mid perch and instead of ordering new oem springs go with Geiser springs? I didn’t plan on replacing my rear leaf springs, not sure if I need to. The truck has 130k miles and other than the front feeling like I loose contact with the road over some bumps the rear feels ok, clunk sound here and there 0E5CCABD-E30A-4DCC-B2E7-9D1D239F5870.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don’t need rear springs, they do help with axle wrap when launching hard and you can haul a lot more weight, but if you’re not doing any of that it can wait for down the road. They are stupid expensive and I think they are hard to get now with Covid, etc. Beautiful Raptor. Keep us posted on your shock replacement!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So new stock front shocks set to mid perch and instead of ordering new oem springs go with Geiser springs? I didn’t plan on replacing my rear leaf springs, not sure if I need to. The truck has 130k miles and other than the front feeling like I loose contact with the road over some bumps the rear feels ok, clunk sound here and there View attachment 328283
You don’t have to replace your front springs if you want to save money, the stock springs work fine, but the geisers are a step up. I’m still on my oem springs at 150k. Good luck!

bubblehead93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geiser springs at bottom perch are ~ same front height as stock springs at mid perch... at least on my truck... icon rears with a 2" drop shackle and geiser springs front at bottom perch... installing geiser springs at mid perch was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever done with a spring compressor, jacked the front sky high... removed and went bottom perch... every truck sits a little different...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter