Help a Gal out with suspension on a gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My $0.02, Just installed my spare rebuilt, w/flutter stack, shocks, by Forged Off Road, inside Eibach springs, low perch. Had them at mid perch for a week, made the truck jittery, switched to low very smooth and gave me the 2 inches of lift I wanted. Also installed a set of Deaver +2 Leaf springs, (non-HD). Gave the rear the 4+ inches, settled a bit now to about 2", that I was looking for. Love the over all ride and look of the new set up.
Raptors seem to drive better on low perch and have plenty of clearance with the Eibach or Geisers.

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can always do a rebuilt leafs and upper/lower control arms(replacing the bushings) and adjustable 2.5 foxes....since it has higher mileage...

raptor jumper

Reaction score
if anyone feels like they have received bad advice and want to return their truck to stock, I have factory leaf springs, front coil springs, air box and intake, and other oem stuff i would be willing to part with at reasonable cost... lol... sure you get opinions... sometimes folks talk out their a$$... there is real knowledge to be found... but it is a forum by enthusiasts for enthusiasts... its in the best spirit of going somewhere, anywhere, a friend's garage, tailgate in the driveway, where ever and just talking cars/trucks...
Don’t suppose you have bumpers in that pile of takeoff parts

raptor jumper

Reaction score
Don't use local mechanic, back yard wannabe dudes, passionate sky is the limit tin foil hat guys or anyone else other than a reputable paid professional suspension expert specializing in Raptor or at least F150. In case you haven't noticed you get a lot of memorized canned answers and they may or may not work for you. I LMAO at the "dudes" who leveled their truck and are squatting *** low on the trail pulling their OHV gear or overland trailer...they gotta be be bottoming out in addition to looking like the noobs they are. So much idiocy on the forums regarding suspension. I'm a little passionate about it cause I almost took their advice for my setup and it would have cost me dearly in terms of money and capability. The only thing the forum got right was the brand name...all other information ranged from useless to dangerous. Raptor is distinguished from all other trucks for one primary reason...suspension...before messin with it I think a reputable professional specializing in suspensions and specifically Raptor suspensions would be worth the consult.
Your approach may be a little harsh but I agree with the sentiment when it comes to suspension. I have been reading shock threads on here for 2 hours and not one person has mentioned how lifting the ride height affects the internal bypass positioning.

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I can’t have any down time. I’ve ordered Replacment shocks and will send the current ones in at my leisure for rebuild to have on hand the next go round.
I see you had forged off-road mentioned to you already for if you rebuild your spare set down the road. Another place to consider is shocks by hammer. You can find mention of them by searching through the forums. I just used them for mine and am happy. Nothing against forged as I have never used them. Just a mention of another option to look into.