Help a brother out (Minor Accident)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s more of a friend of a friend...

I didn’t know that your financially liable for anyone who drives your vehicles. I just assumed his insurance would cover it. I let my buddies drive my cars all the time. That shit is not happening get anymore.

You should get his insurance info. Your insurance will likely find a way to recoup the loss and it will likely be through his insurance. You can also make a claim directly to his insurance as well to avoid a hike in your rate.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damage is pretty minor. New door skin, paint and a new step with the mount fixed. This got nowhere near the frame.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Auto body I assume was your #1 shop you mentioned?

FAB does a lot of Raptors and is Ford trained on the Raptor. You can ask for Carlos, hes the internal adjuster.

I've seen a gen2 raptor totaled from having a side step ripped off, it was a shelby raptor that had a truck side swipe it. The mounting location of the step requires three panels of the cab to be replaced when repairing correctly. That amount of damage quoted by body shop #2 is indeed possible from what you describe.

Feel free to call me if you have questions. I can help you through this.

If you want a third opinion, DC autocraft in Burbank is the #1 aluminum body shop in the country. Ask for Kevin. Their pricing reflects being the best in the country however...

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Galpin is quite possibly the worst place to take ANY bodywork. Not surprised they want $17-25K that others will do for WAY less.
They may sell a bunch of cars (not sure how, they often add ADM to every car they sell) but there are better body shops.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Galpin is quite possibly the worst place to take ANY bodywork. Not surprised they want $17-25K that others will do for WAY less.
They may sell a bunch of cars (not sure how, they often add ADM to every car they sell) but there are better body shops.

Galpin doesnt have a body shop...

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Was wondering if any of you have been through a similar situation or can help with some knowledge on what I am going through.

So this past week I drove up to Northern California for my buddies wedding. While up north we had rented an AirBnB and were partying and all that good jazz. A buddy of mine borrowed my truck to go by beer pong cups (I know stupid as ****). As he was backing out he hit a pole that he didn’t see which gashed up the drivers side door and bent the running board so that it is facing down. So now that I’m back from the wedding I went and got a few estimates to give to my buddy to fix.

I went to the Ford collision website and looked for auto body shops listed there. There are 2 shops close by so I made appointments for them. I also called my local Ford Dealer (Galpin Ford) and they referred me to their exclusive auto body shop.

"their exclusive body shop."

exclusive
adjective
ex·clu·sive | \ ik-ˈsklü-siv

, -ziv\
Definition of exclusive
(Entry 1 of 2)

1a : excluding or having power to exclude
b : limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey There,

Spoke to the body shop (Ford auto body) to get some clarification on why your estimate was 20k+

The damage to your truck is substantial. The Outer uniside, Reinforcement(middle pinch weld layer), and Inner uniside(which is mated to the cab floor) has ripped off due to the way the side step was damaged. The only correct way to fix these parts is replacement, they can not be repaired.

What does this mean? Your truck needs a new Left hand lower side of the cab, the reinforcement layer of the pinch weld, and left side of the cab floor. The entire interior of the truck will have to be disassembled to replace these parts, the new parts will have to be installed and painted.

Let me know if theres any way I can help.

Thanks!