HELP!!! 1000 miles and i think my engine BLEW UP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess we will all think twice before slamming through those large puddles on the side of the road! sorry to hear about your truck ! Its the worse feeling id imagine, best of luck, keep everyone posted.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its happened to other raptors and no ford didn't cover it. They shouldn't have to, they built a desert focused truck not a amphibicar

rook247

Reaction score
Stay calm and hope for the best. And in the future if you hit a big puddle and the engine starts to act crazy pull over and check out your air filter. I hit a huge puddle in a new jeep wrangler once, knew I put the hood under. I killed the engine immediately coasted out. Checked the air filter sure enough it was drenched. Pulled it out dried the box and drove it home.

Edit: I know you pics or it didn't happen types haha
6-0DA0-4E11-AF25-F66537F35A98-251-0000003BCA55379B.jpg

Last edited:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you break your vehicle and there's even a slim chance it happened because of something you did the first rule of vehicle breakage is...

wait for it...

you do not talk about breakage.

-the-first-rule-of-fight-club-t-shirt-bustedtees-2.jpg

You get your vehicle to the dealership and...

wait for it...

you post about it later. After it's fixed.

Good luck!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was watching that megafactory video the other day and they had there raptor with water coming right up over the hood. I think they were taking it through something like 36" of water. You would think if the truck is bone stock it could handle mud puddles without sucking in water?

If it did suck in water and ford didnt warranty it i would be very mad!

Right in the manual there's a table that has water depths, and max speeds you should traverse those depths. The deeper the water the slower the speed due to the bigger the wake that will hit other components. I think the max is 30" or 36" but the speed is something very low, and not a speed that would wash the whole truck off.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My brother swamped his new jeep in a river crossing and ingested water when the thing stalled out. Anyway the next day the motor while driving down the road blew to peaces. Chrysler said they expected he drowned the thing in water but replaced the motor under warranty anyway.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man...sorry about your truck that sucks...

Do you have any mods at all on the truck? Hopefully, in your case, it is bone stock.

I am thinking the truck swallowed some water....just a guess since you say things starting going south after you hit a puddle that cleaned your truck off...

Your warranty hopefully covers all repairs...I would not go advertising you were playing in the mud...

Hoping for the best for you and the truck...

Fred

im with Fred, delete this post.