Hello from Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_MI

Reaction score
First time truck buyer here who was stoked for the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (refresh) 6.2L but after reading so many complaints about GM’s engine failures I decided to look forward a Raptor and that’s when I stumbled across this forum. At relatively the same price point hopefully I’m making the right decision! The lesser payload and towing numbers are still sufficient for what I’ll use it for. Anyone regret having the short bed??

Anyway, just wanted to share my story. I’m on the verge of chalking a deal (hopefully) with a dealer in northern MI. It’s almost time to wait!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with the deal. Post pics when and if you get it. You will find out of heavy payloads and heavy towing it does pretty well here. The truck itself has a lot to offer otherwise.

So a lot of 6.2 engine failures after all this time that engine has been out? Problems with the latest run of these motors?

OP
OP
R

Raptor_MI

Reaction score
At least from what I read and saw on YT, there are frequent hydraulic lifter failures, low quality paint jobs/paint chipping, etc. Of course the lifter issues are covered under warranty but it's still a pain in the *** and it was enough to scare me away from GM for a few years. Otherwise, it really does look like a great truck.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least from what I read and saw on YT, there are frequent hydraulic lifter failures, low quality paint jobs/paint chipping, etc. Of course the lifter issues are covered under warranty but it's still a pain in the *** and it was enough to scare me away from GM for a few years. Otherwise, it really does look like a great truck.
Wow first year problems or quality just down the tubes? Who knows. Who wants to risk problems.