Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricsan

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help.

I finished installing the new clock spring (ML3Z-3F791-BB) to enable the HSW on my 23 Raptor. The heated steering wheel is working but the left and right buttons are not. I switched the SCCM module and uploaded the previous as build data to the new SCCM module but the now the steering wheel buttons (left and right) are not working. Would anybody that have successfully complete this task be able to share your Forscan screen for your SCCM configuration?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help.

I finished installing the new clock spring (ML3Z-3F791-BB) to enable the HSW on my 23 Raptor. The heated steering wheel is working but the left and right buttons are not. I switched the SCCM module and uploaded the previous as build data to the new SCCM module but the now the steering wheel buttons (left and right) are not working. Would anybody that have successfully complete this task be able to share your Forscan screen for your SCCM configuration?
Go direct with @Wichadicha.

ricsan

Reaction score
Hi, do you know the correct PN on the SCCM? I ordered the ML3Z-7F371-BB and was able to make the heated steering wheel work but the left and right steering buttons are not working. Have you experienced the same issue?

SuperSafety

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help.

Program the apim. It’s a different module.

SuperSafety

Reaction score
Hi, do you know the correct PN on the SCCM? I ordered the ML3Z-7F371-BB and was able to make the heated steering wheel work but the left and right steering buttons are not working. Have you experienced the same issue?
Where did you get that part number from? That doesn’t look right.

ricsan

Reaction score
Found it on some other forum threads. The heated steering wheel ended working fine, but as I mentioned, the buttons in the steering wheel are not working since.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a thread on this, but the answer is no. First deliveries were generally last week, and I dont think that anyone has torn apart their steering wheel.

I've read it's a different clockspring, but also that the wheel doesn't have the heating element AND you will need the button cluster, so you're looking at a decently expensive retrofit if so. Probably not a $140 fix.
Plus control module and stuff!

SuperSafety

Reaction score
Found it on some other forum threads. The heated steering wheel ended working fine, but as I mentioned, the buttons in the steering wheel are not working since.
Ok. Cool. I’ll look at the apim numbers on my truck tomorrow and let you know. I do know if the apim isn’t programmed, the buttons won’t work.