Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your ‘23 came with the heated wheel from factory? How is that possible? When did you get it?
A bunch of folks who have opened up their 23s (not just raptors) have found that the 23 vehicles have the correct steering wheel with the heating element and the correct wiring harnesses. They are only missing the clock spring which passes the heating power through to the wheel and the climate controls with the actual button.

Edit: clock spring + SCCM I didn’t realize they were two separate parts for the front and back

Last edited:

Andrews

Reaction score
Your ‘23 came with the heated wheel from factory? How is that possible? When did you get it?
My 23 was built in late November. If you remove the airbag you can see if your wheel has the heating element pretty quickly.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
A bunch of folks who have opened up their 23s (not just raptors) have found that the 23 vehicles have the correct steering wheel with the heating element and the correct wiring harnesses. They are only missing the clock spring which passes the heating power through to the wheel and the climate controls with the actual button.
Okay. Thank you for the clarification!

Andrews

Reaction score
First successful swap! This is amazingly helpful that you also put a video together! Couple questions since I'm a bit new to this:

1.) My understanding is you can enable the heated wheel control into the digital climate controls/infotainment and not technically need the switch? That would mean I really only need the new clockspring and don't have to take much of the dash apart, not sure I'm that brave yet on a brand new rig. Although, you make it look rather simple overall!
2.) Another thought, if I did want to do the switch/climate control swap I wonder if it's possible to then swap to the digital knob (2021) at that point? Somewhat of a two birds/one stone type of thing and have to do Forscan edits anyways. Not sure if there are issues here I'm possibly missing.

I'm looking at it as keep everything "digital" and don't do any physical changes so to speak and keep the climate readouts and heated controls in the infotainment like 22+ or swap "oldschool" and go 2021. You could technically have the a unicorn of a 23 with R button, heated wheel, AND digital climate controls. Hell could throw in lighted cup holders for good measure ;)
1. Yea you could absolutely have HSW control on the display. The only way to do it from what I understand on the Gen3 Raptor is Unreal mode on the display and add the climate controls on the bottom. Here is a picture of it set up on my truck when I was playing around before getting the parts.

Just keep in mind you might also need a new SCCM as mine didn’t have any pins on the Clockspring or SCCM so you’ll need the whole thing like I did. Also check pin 15 on the BCM to make sure you have the harness to provide power to the HSW.

2. Im sure but I don’t see why not seems like it should work. I’m no expert though!

Attachments

• C805E5E9-B73E-4B88-A11B-D8AACEA12F66.jpeg
    C805E5E9-B73E-4B88-A11B-D8AACEA12F66.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 149

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Does anyone know - practically speaking - how this will affect warranty (original and esp)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter