Heated seat help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a possible short. Check the continuity of the seat before you turn it on, then again after it turns off. Should tell you if it's in the seat side or not.

Not sure how to do this myself, as I haven't needed to do it before. Busa has some experience with seat heaters. Perhaps hit him up.

Let us know what you find. With snoball on the way, you never know who else's might be going out.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
No clue on a Ford but on a GMC it's a pain in the ass. Had not the time nor skill and wound up paying $600 to have it fixed on my last truck.

Does the Ford nav record BCM codes too? On my GMC it actually would log a BCM fault code and I had the tool to read it. You can always try the Hold down preset 3+6 on the Nav trick and see if it shows up as a fault. But like everyone else said, it's almost certainly a short, it's being detected, and automatically shut down.