Heated seat help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it seems that the conclusion had been made already. i know mostly about aftermarket seat heaters, however i used to have to replace them in vw's and chevy/cadillac for the dealers on a somewhat regular basis.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Its toast. Burnt element. Mine on the drivers side went **** up in the first year. I thought it was my fault for weigin 300plus lbs. Figgered I smashed it. HAaaa. The service guy said about 1 in 50 fords with the heated seats have an issue eventually. He claimed its caused by the install tech that pinches or kinks the element and it screws up the element or causes a hot spot.

I know when mine was going out that there was a spot on my left thigh next to my big ass that got tooooooo daaaaammmmm hot and I would turn the seat off. That's where it eventually burnt up.

Buy the parts and have a local upholstery shop install them. Bet its a cheap install for them. Prolly $100 fix plus parts. Saw these. http://www.championseatheaters.calls.net/content/order.html?gclid=CMWUyrSeqroCFQLl7Aod_WIAWQ

BDRAG

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
**** my driver side does this is (2010) is it a do it yourself fix?

If you remove the seat from the truck you can take the seat bottom off and have a go at it. You just need to remove the leather cover and you can access the heating pad. The only complication you might run in to is the heating pad is glued to the foam seat cushion. It might be tough to remove the pad without destroying the seat foam in the process. Other than that it's just nuts and bolts. The first go around my dealer had to replace the seat foam core because they destroyed it removing the pad. If you purchase both the seat core and the heating pad it should be a pretty straight forward repair.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you remove the seat from the truck you can take the seat bottom off and have a go at it. You just need to remove the leather cover and you can access the heating pad. The only complication you might run in to is the heating pad is glued to the foam seat cushion. It might be tough to remove the pad without destroying the seat foam in the process. Other than that it's just nuts and bolts. The first go around my dealer had to replace the seat foam core because they destroyed it removing the pad. If you purchase both the seat core and the heating pad it should be a pretty straight forward repair.

Was this on the original birdmobile or the Yeti?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
HELL! Just throw the new pad over the old one. The seats get flat after 6 months anyway. Double stack it. Screw removing the burnt one.

BDRAG

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thanks Bird

632A22 (might not be Raptor "bolstered" seat cushion part # but price was similar IIRC)
Ford Seat Cushion Pad With Drivers Heated Seat With Driver 10 Way Pwr Seat Adjust (Front)
$153.02

14D696A
Ford Seat Heater Pad With Drivers Heated Seat With Driver 10 Way Pwr Seat Adjust ; (+) SVT; SEAT BACK
$27.12

So the heating pad its self is cheap but the seat cushion is why I remember it being fairly spendy.

180.14 for parts and I believe it was about $180 for labor 2hrs @ $90/hr so yeah, my memory served me correctly. If you were gonna do just the pad it would probably be about half that!