Header Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have he Kooks headers and high flow cats. They are high quality and good fit. I installed them myself--what a bitch! I see why shops charge so much to do this. As in most of the extras I have added to my truck, the instructions are lacking. Pictures would certainly help even if they were only on the web site. The next time I would do this it would go faster. I have Borla cat back, the system is fairly quiet until you step on it. A little drone about 1800 rpm. 5star 91 performance tune and AFE cai. Really happy with overall outcome.

Im going the same route as you. I have a Borla cat-back and a AFE on the way. How much power did you put to the ground overall?

sandygar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5star tune changes transmission shift points and line pressure. The tune allows the engine to build torque earlier. I haven't dynoed and wont, but the seat of the pants feeling is there are huge gains.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the fact that SW is 1"7/8
And the other two have primaries of ... ???

My initial thought would be that 1 7/8" is too large for a 6.2L displacement motor to get the torque you would like for a 6K+ lb truck in the low-to-mid rpm range

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1"3/4 on the kooks I'm going for mpg and sound the truck has the horse power although more is never unwanted

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1"3/4 on the kooks I'm going for mpg and sound the truck has the horse power although more is never unwanted

Without power adders or added displacement, I'd lean strongly that the Kooks (1 3/4") would have more area under the torque curve than the SW (1 7/8"). Exhaust velocity is king for optimizing power.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know nothing about headers but I own a pair now they happen to be SW I'm happy definitely more power but I also have the afe cai don't think the 5 stare is on yet. I also run e-30