Having a Raptor shipped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any decent shipper will run around a grand or more. I used a cheaper carrier when I bought my truck back in 2012. Great deal at $455, but pickup was delayed 2 weeks and then another week to get to me. I wouldn't recommend being cheap here unless you know the transporter.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$800 sounds inexpensive, sounds like open carry. Make sure you know if it's enclosed or open. Open is cheaper, but it is exposed to the elements, which you may not want depending on the time of year it is transported.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Golden Key
Nationwide Coast to Coast Auto Transport - Golden Key Express

I used them to ship a car from CA->NY and then 2 years later TWO cards from NY->CA. Both ways the driver had no idea but I slipped a trackable phone into my car, plugged into a large jump pack that reported it's position every 5 minutes. It would report GPS position, heading, speed and elevation. That driver never went over the speed limit, then ENTIRE trip.

I actually asked them for a quote last night from NY->CA for my raptor. I'm going to fly out and drive it home, but wanted to know what the cost would be if I shipped it with them. $1598. 2,680 miles is the distance between my locations. It was actually a little tempting. But two problems for me. I love the dealer I worked with and want to meet in person when I pick it up. The other problem is I'm looking forward to using the drive home as an opportunistic "road trip" vacation with my kids. Also, the earliest they had available to ship that route was mid-December. I'm expecting my truck to be ready mid-November. No way I want to wait a month. :)

I can't say enough about their shipping services though [Golden Key Express]. You don't pay any gas or driver fees, they're super friendly, you don't pay a deposit. In fact you pay nothing until they arrive with your vehicle. Also, if you're former military they WILL honor a discount. I know because I am, and I used it twice (my quote above for $1598 was sans any discount - I forgot to ask when I sent my quote request in).

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$800 sounds inexpensive, sounds like open carry. Make sure you know if it's enclosed or open. Open is cheaper, but it is exposed to the elements, which you may not want depending on the time of year it is transported.

Yes those were open carry. It will be in December so heading back here could be snow and salt on the roads.