Having a Raptor shipped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Golden Key
Nationwide Coast to Coast Auto Transport - Golden Key Express

I used them to ship a car from CA->NY and then 2 years later TWO cards from NY->CA. Both ways the driver had no idea but I slipped a trackable phone into my car, plugged into a large jump pack that reported it's position every 5 minutes. It would report GPS position, heading, speed and elevation. That driver never went over the speed limit, then ENTIRE trip.

I actually asked them for a quote last night from NY->CA for my raptor. I'm going to fly out and drive it home, but wanted to know what the cost would be if I shipped it with them. $1598. 2,680 miles is the distance between my locations. It was actually a little tempting. But two problems for me. I love the dealer I worked with and want to meet in person when I pick it up. The other problem is I'm looking forward to using the drive home as an opportunistic "road trip" vacation with my kids. Also, the earliest they had available to ship that route was mid-December. I'm expecting my truck to be ready mid-November. No way I want to wait a month. :)

I can't say enough about their shipping services though [Golden Key Express]. You don't pay any gas or driver fees, they're super friendly, you don't pay a deposit. In fact you pay nothing until they arrive with your vehicle. Also, if you're former military they WILL honor a discount. I know because I am, and I used it twice (my quote above for $1598 was sans any discount - I forgot to ask when I sent my quote request in).

Wow what a great idea with the gps. My plan was also to take the family to get the truck, visit her family in Ga then drive home but not sure possible vacation time and school vacation time is going to match up. Was your truck shipped in an enclosed trailer?

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow what a great idea with the gps. My plan was also to take the family to get the truck, visit her family in Ga then drive home but not sure possible vacation time and school vacation time is going to match up. Was your truck shipped in an enclosed trailer?

I didn't ship a truck. It was a minivan and a Honda CRV. I don't think they were in an enclosed trailer.

On the GPS - ya, it was really cool. When the driver showed up I asked him why they went to Flagastaff, AZ before coming to me. He was completely dumbfounded on how the hell I knew that. Turns out they go a few places to pick up vehicles on the way - sometimes WAY WAY out of their way.

A Google Fi phone + their $20 /mo. base charge & $10 per GB is perfect for this.
www.fi.google.com
Also, this https://goo.gl/KPIaox placed in your car's window dash will keep the phone perfectly charged each day so it can constantly upload it's position. :) I have one permanently mounted in our travel trailer so when it's in storage I get an alert if it "moves." Yes, a phone specifically set with a $20 /mo charge just to keep tabs on our travel trailer.

This app: https://goo.gl/8vOqL on the Android phone will tell you immediately via text and/or email if it leaves a geofence you set up.

My brain is on fire when I sleep - too many ideas to get out...

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've made a few vehicle shipping purchases using orange auto transport but they are the broker. I've shipped open and closed transports with them and both were flawless moves. If your going to go the broker route they are the best i've worked with. The price they give you is usually pretty darn good and the quote is what it will actually cost unlike some other brokers where they tell you it'll cost X dollars and when they find a truck its twice the original amount quoted!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Give me a call since i am in the car business i have an account with Ready Autotransport. I had them ship my own viper, and a few cars for friends including just recently a Ferrari California. No complaints. 856 981 7129 cell. Dennis