Have two Raptor R available - AG & AB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets say for one second that 179k is the true market for this car. Then why should a dealer get it over Ford? The auto companies really need a program to limit what a dealer can sell it for and once it hits the used market, whatever, but its so dumb to list a MSRP as a OEM and then the dealer makes the most money and takes the least risk.... They also need to be forced to sell them new to others not their GM.
On Ford’s earnings call last year Farley was embarrassed AF when an analyst called out that very point. Dealers were making 3x margin Ford was on every new vehicle. Here we have a sales guy stating $70k lift on first sale and assuming they bought it back for $140k now getting another $30k on the resale….

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are available as the reality of the ridiculously impulsive buy has set in - one could conclude. It’s a truck and the manufacturer already said what it’s worth to them, the fact anyone would pay that much over is wild. See those inflation numbers, no one paying ADMs should complain.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Ford’s earnings call last year Farley was embarrassed AF when an analyst called out that very point. Dealers were making 3x margin Ford was on every new vehicle. Here we have a sales guy stating $70k lift on first sale and assuming they bought it back for $140k now getting another $30k on the resale….
do you remember which quarter it was for, id like to go listen to it?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lets say for one second that 179k is the true market for this car. Then why should a dealer get it over Ford? The auto companies really need a program to limit what a dealer can sell it for and once it hits the used market, whatever, but its so dumb to list a MSRP as a OEM and then the dealer makes the most money and takes the least risk.... They also need to be forced to sell them new to others not their GM.

If the market is well above OEM, than someone is set to make a large profit somewhere. It's either Ford, the dealer, or the first owner who wants to flip it for a quick profit. Ford would have to put in a program to prevent resale for the 1st 6th month or something, or perhaps some some sort of customer qualification program so that the R is purchased by an actual enthusiast, as you suggested, rather than someone wishing to making a profit.

Personally, I don't like overpaying for a vehicle, and I also don't like trying to make business connections, calling around dealerships for the best deal, getting on waiting lists, and waiting months while hoping the deal doesn't fall apart and my trade in value doesn't crater. The only way to win is...not to play.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the price. If there are buyers who want to buy at that price, then fine. But let's not pretend there was any special circumstance or act of altruism involved somehow. It's just capitalism.

Using FRF for marketing, without paying the vendor fee is pretty lame, as in trying to act like you're doing some sort of service to members by offering prices well above what they can get with 5 minutes of research.

I have a problem with the price, as it’s gratuitously overinflated to the point of absurdity. They’re free to ask what they want for the commodity and we’re free to call them out on their shít.

My wife was in Frednecksburg last weekend and spied a pair of boots. I knew it was serious because she saw them in a window and pointed them out. That’s rare. She drags me inside, probably hoping for a(nother) V-day gift but as she’s shopping she’s chatting up another lady and she points out that she could get them somewhere else cheaper.

I will do that at gun shows if someone is about to seriously overpay. I’ve done this multiple times, and definitely cost a few dealers some sales. Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist: It’s just capitalism !

Back when primers were $33 / 1000 I stopped some guy paying 50 for the same stuff. I told him where to get them for $33, the would be huckster angrily said “they don’t have them”. I pulled up the site, showed the would be victim they were in stock. Money saved.

The more people we let fall victim to paying stupid prices, the longer WE have to suffer inflated prices.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with the price, as it’s gratuitously overinflated to the point of absurdity. They’re free to ask what they want for the commodity and we’re free to call them out on their shít.

My wife was in Frednecksburg last weekend and spied a pair of boots. I knew it was serious because she saw them in a window and pointed them out. That’s rare. She drags me inside, probably hoping for a(nother) V-day gift but as she’s shopping she’s chatting up another lady and she points out that she could get them somewhere else cheaper.

I will do that at gun shows if someone is about to seriously overpay. I’ve done this multiple times, and definitely cost a few dealers some sales. Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist: It’s just capitalism !

Back when primers were $33 / 1000 I stopped some guy paying 50 for the same stuff. I told him where to get them for $33, the would be huckster angrily said “they don’t have them”. I pulled up the site, showed the would be victim they were in stock. Money saved.

The more people we let fall victim to paying stupid prices, the longer WE have to suffer inflated prices.
Also to your point, I was thinking about these said "high worth net individuals". The ones that I know are some of the best negotiators I've ever met and while they assess the cost of their time, they will not overpay for something. The OP is right about being writeoffs etc, but the 3 very high net worth individuals I know do spend a lot of money, but they don't do it stupidly. Their level of negotiation scares me sometimes and I'm pretty good at it myself :). Or maybe the people buying these expect to be able to sell and get similar money back out of the vehicle. Its not what you pay after all is what you lose. Its all about "Value", not "cost".

I'm sure there are outliers.... Also there are movie stars and professional sports players, the latter known for not being financially responsible as a general rule.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, guys. Maybe we should cut him some slack. Seriously, how often do used car salesmen lie? :)
This is the same BS GM was fighting with the vettes. At least Mary had the nuts to turn off the warranty’s on those cars that flipped. Chris….. Where’s your set?