GEN 1 Harsh shift into gear from park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The best fix hands-down… Is buying the Cobb access port and installing a goosetuned TCM flash. 2017 avalanche gray with just over 40,000 miles, and this thing has never shifted so smoothly and so on point with timing. Best decision I have ever made. I experienced the same harsh shift you are talking about. I didn’t buy the transmission tune specifically for the harsh shift, but it most definitely corrected that. These girls come off the lot highly refined and beautifully designed, he just refines them even more and makes them better.

EDIT: I also have my ECU tuned by Winfield Raglan (goosetuned) as well. He is the real deal and there are a ton of people on this forum that will agree.

How is a gen 2 tune going to help a gen 1? the tune files are completely different, even the transmission tab is different. All that's going to do is brick the truck until he flashes back to stock if it will even allow him to write. More to the point how is shift programming modification going to help a mechanical issue?

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! Full on rookie maneuver!! Thanks Ben! I am sorry boys. I was so excited to share how my harsh shifting was cured, I didn’t comprehend what I actually read. OP... disregard everything I said!! Again, I am sorry for the Moronic response!