Great deals coming down the pike after the Apocalypse???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any reason to avoid this truck? Anything specific I should keep my eye out for? I'm going in today after work to check it out. I've loved my get 1 for the past 18 months but the prices on the gen 2's are tempting now.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/806477609/overview/

CNC prices are usually a bit high but don't know what their haggling situation is. But under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to go there in person. CNC is the eye candy capital for cars. Go there and don't be surprised if you walk out of there with a Porsche GT2 RS! Good luck.

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CNC prices are usually a bit high but don't know what their haggling situation is. But under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to go there in person. CNC is the eye candy capital for cars. Go there and don't be surprised if you walk out of there with a Porsche GT2 RS! Good luck.

Haha, appreciate the heads up. Unfortunately, my job requires me to need a truck so as much as I'd like to buy something sporty, it's not the right time for me just yet.

I've contacted 3 dealers near me. One is a 2020 raptor supercab, base model for 58k. I offered them 50k and they said no.
Then called me back the next day and asked me to come in.

Called another dealer with a 2020 with 0 miles for 59k. Offered them 50k and they said no. Has the fixed rear window so kind of a deal breaker for me.

Called one in Vegas that has a 2018 with 13k miles for 54k. Haven't offered anything on that.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holdback can be determined using Internet resources. If you have a good relationship with your dealer...they may share that figure with you.

Holdback has never entered into my negotiations for a vehicle. That’s the dealer’s money. I only buy my vehicles at invoice minus any applicable rebates.

Alex Rueter

Reaction score
So as many of you have learned, I've gone from wanting a Gen. 1 to a used Gen. 2 to a new 19' Gen. 2. But I'm wondering with the crashing of the economy and end of the world, if the car companies will put out programs with deep discounts to move product. I've been seeing '19's at $7-10k below sticker. I'm pretty sure for the next several weeks that not much of anything will be leaving the dealerships. It might move me into a 2020. What say the Illuminati?
With the factories shutting down I doubt they will discount too much. I’m sure their will be some but their discounts are always a supply/demand decision. When they have too many trucks they have to discount to get rid of them. Right now they haven’t been building any for over a month and building ventilators instead. I’m skeptical to believe they’ll cut the price way down to get rid of what little they will have left In inventory once they go back to building trucks. My guess is discounts will stay pretty consistent to what you’re seeing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the factories shutting down I doubt they will discount too much. I’m sure their will be some but their discounts are always a supply/demand decision. When they have too many trucks they have to discount to get rid of them. Right now they haven’t been building any for over a month and building ventilators instead. I’m skeptical to believe they’ll cut the price way down to get rid of what little they will have left In inventory once they go back to building trucks. My guess is discounts will stay pretty consistent to what you’re seeing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to agree. The deep discounts seen on some 19's is due to dealers considering the additional depreciation of a 1 model year old truck.