Great deals coming down the pike after the Apocalypse???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason to avoid this truck? Anything specific I should keep my eye out for? I'm going in today after work to check it out. I've loved my get 1 for the past 18 months but the prices on the gen 2's are tempting now.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/806477609/overview/

I test drove this truck last night. I loved it. My main problems are the color, never liked black, and the ****** sound system. No sub woofer isn’t that big of a deal but I need to research if the gen 2’s are pre wired for the OEM sub like the gen 1’s.

They said they might do 45k. Think I might buy it if I can’t get a good deal on a 2019 or 20.

Last edited:

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I love how the gen 2’s ride and the shifting feels way smoother. Didn’t think I’d be that impressed but I was. The sound of the 6.2 is going to be missed for sure though.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, appreciate the heads up. Unfortunately, my job requires me to need a truck so as much as I'd like to buy something sporty, it's not the right time for me just yet.

I've contacted 3 dealers near me. One is a 2020 raptor supercab, base model for 58k. I offered them 50k and they said no.
Then called me back the next day and asked me to come in.

Called another dealer with a 2020 with 0 miles for 59k. Offered them 50k and they said no. Has the fixed rear window so kind of a deal breaker for me.

Called one in Vegas that has a 2018 with 13k miles for 54k. Haven't offered anything on that.

The base model that stickers for $58k would be a killer deal at $50k. The best deal that I have found on a base model 2020 SCAB is $5k under MSRP (MSRP $54.8k, sales price $49.8k) and that’s out of state.

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The base model that stickers for $58k would be a killer deal at $50k. The best deal that I have found on a base model 2020 SCAB is $5k under MSRP (MSRP $54.8k, sales price $49.8k) and that’s out of state.

Okay thank you for the info, I will keep that in mind. They weren’t budging much on the price and said we were “light years” away from my offer of 50k.
Then they called me the next day to ask me to come and look at it LoL.

the fixed rear window is kind of a deal breaker for me. Love that thing for some reason.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay thank you for the info, I will keep that in mind. They weren’t budging much on the price and said we were “light years” away from my offer of 50k.
Then they called me the next day to ask me to come and look at it LoL.

the fixed rear window is kind of a deal breaker for me. Love that thing for some reason.

So what happened? :popcorn:

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the “stubbier” look of the SCAB. Dealership would be losing mega money selling you a $58k vehicle for $50k. They are trying to get you into the store but not at a $50k selling price.

Last edited:

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what happened? :popcorn:

I told them I’m busy and would have to clear my schedule before I’d come in. I only had time yesterday to check out one truck so I decided to check out the super cab with the actuating rear window at CNC motors. Exterior is pretty clean. Couple of scratches on the doors, no big deal. Has leather seats.

I love the “stubbier” look of the SCAB. Dealership would be losing mega money selling you a $58k vehicle for $50k. They are trying to get you into the store but not at a $50k selling price.

Yeah I know there’s zero chance they will sell it to me at $50k but I had to offer. I love the color (leadfoot) but the fixed window is annoying. I’d be cool if it had a sunroof but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t.