Great deals coming down the pike after the Apocalypse???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So as many of you have learned, I've gone from wanting a Gen. 1 to a used Gen. 2 to a new 19' Gen. 2. But I'm wondering with the crashing of the economy and end of the world, if the car companies will put out programs with deep discounts to move product. I've been seeing '19's at $7-10k below sticker. I'm pretty sure for the next several weeks that not much of anything will be leaving the dealerships. It might move me into a 2020. What say the Illuminati?

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of the same . Wife wants a raptor too so we are waiting hahaha

means while , any dealer has one with great deal , feel free to shoot me a message :)

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can wait 6+ months you may get a couple grand more off. But ford will drastically decrease production of the 2020 (starting now) and 2021’s (starting this fall) if many are still sitting on lots come July. The supply drop will stabilize prices quickly.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing is coming into the dealerships either and they've shut down production. I'd expect 2020 production numbers to be significantly less than 2019 as the backlog of vehicles may put new raptors on the back burner if dealer inventory is still high.

Good deal near invoice sure, but they aren't going to be giving them away.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the shut down doesn't stabilize prices but who knows.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Well the apocalypse might finally kill the gen 2 v8 rumors. Recession coming everything will be cheaper. Buy a Canadian used one right now there money is in the crapper.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the apocalypse might finally kill the gen 2 v8 rumors. Recession coming everything will be cheaper. Buy a Canadian used one right now there money is in the crapper.

If anything, prices will go up.

Limited supply + High demand = Increase in price

Well I guess we have heard from both sides.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score

it may also kill the RAM competition

I hope not, because more options are always better. But very good chance that a recession kills the RAM

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How? If this trend keeps on going for 3 months straight or 6 months.. it'd be a disaster for a lot of people. I don't know if you can see it or not but this virus really hurt the entertainment industry, entertainment, travel, airlines, restaurants, retails etc..

I don't see people would be buying cars like they are 6 months ago. Right now I see a lot of 2019 are not moving already. Imagine if they keep it for longer.. I'm just waiting for a right deal :)

If anything, prices will go up.

Limited supply + High demand = Increase in price