Grab-Steer Theft Deterrent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there are a few similar topics but, I want to make this an easy find if someone wants to use my idea.
I had this old bike lock laying around my shop that I never used and was looking for a simple way to secure the truck when we are on trips. I realize it’s not fool proof, but it is a visible deterrent. Many other ways to go from this concept.
R,
HAPIMG_3012.jpeg

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know there are a few similar topics but, I want to make this an easy find if someone wants to use my idea.
I had this old bike lock laying around my shop that I never used and was looking for a simple way to secure the truck when we are on trips. I realize it’s not fool proof, but it is a visible deterrent. Many other ways to go from this concept.
R,
HAPView attachment 454619
That’s silly, but actually a simple and effective good idea.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
R,
HAPView attachment 454619
a drifter only needs that much wheel movement to drive off. not saying im gonna steal your truck, but i would probably get cops on my ass rather quickly for smoking tires around every turn

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a drifter only needs that much wheel movement to drive off. not saying im gonna steal your truck, but i would probably get cops on my ass rather quickly for smoking tires around every turn
If you lock it through the small portion at the wheel’s 6 o’clock, then what wheelman? Lol

Donuts!!

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Target hardening. Any anti-theft device can be defeated, but the harder and more burdensome it is to do, the smaller the pool of thieves willing to steal under a given set of circumstances is.

Bicycle locks are very easy to defeat, if someone has the knowledge and readily available tools to do it - but not everyone does or has it on them.

It's easy to just cut the grab handle or the steering wheel, that's how 'the club' is commonly defeated, - but not everyone has a cutting tool on them.

No steering wheel lock will prevent a drag-and-tow steal - but not every theft involves a tow.

So, you're more likely to deter the more amateur and low end thieves, but won't slow down a prepared pro in the slightest.