GooseTuned vs. MPT? What am I missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you you guys! I appreciate the support!

I own Goosetuned. I can’t and won’t speak in regards to MPT because I have never used them and don’t know much about the fine details in regards to their business. They have happy customers as well which is great to see!

I use COBB exclusively. I feel COBB is a superior product and that’s what I choose to offer in regards to my custom tuning process.

Making power is easy, turning up boost is easy; creating a file that is smooth, that makes power, and that is SAFE(!) is my goal. That’s what I offer. I will leave power on the table if it is not safe because safety is #1. And I be sure to let people know that. You can’t have fun in a broken truck.

You guys can contact me anytime, Sunday at 1am, Christmas Day, 1130pm at night, etc...24/7/365. I provide that level of support to my customer’s, you can’t put a price on that. So that is something that you guys can come to expect from us. It’s not uncommon to see me taking calls at 9-10pm on weekends helping you guys out.

Please consider that when you make your purchases!

TerribleONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am super happy with my tune from goose and it was some of the best customer service I've ever had.

I also just feel better knowing that we did proper data logging and the tune is tailored to my truck/mods.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 93MPT tune
I am trying to justify the price difference between the two tuners. Is there something that I am missing?

I had a MPT 93 PR-X tune (nGauge) on my 2019 for about 3 months, until I traded for a 2020. I was really impressed with the tune, but now that I have a 2020, I have to purchase a 2020 MPT tune for $200.

If buying new, the nGuage and MPT 93 PR-X tune would run $575, and advertises gains of 155 rwhp and 177 rwtq, on a completely stock Raptor with a heat soaked engine.

The Cobb Accessport and GooseTuned Raptor Stage 1 Package w/Goose Custom TCM is $1,620 and I couldn't find the advertised gains.

Coming from LSX forced induction tuning, I was accustomed to live dyno tuning and definitely hesitant on any type of mail order tuning. I assume any mail order tuning is on the conservative side. I am having a little difficulty determining the difference between the highly recommended, but more expensive GooseTuned tune, and the MPT tune. Anyone have both or factual numbers between the two? Any have their Raptors tuned on a dyno? And, are there any worthwhile bolt on mods (CAI, etc.) that I can do along with a tune?

LSX tuning is amazing and I understand what you mean by live dyno tuning! It even get better with speed density tuning!

I would sell my truck if I had to drive back to stock and without the MPT tune!

The ngauge is still HP tuners.... if you get the MPT tune again send back data logs and they will adjust it for free for 60days. I am sending one back for cold weather we’re I am. Hope this helps!

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to justify the price difference between the two tuners. Is there something that I am missing?

I had a MPT 93 PR-X tune (nGauge) on my 2019 for about 3 months, until I traded for a 2020. I was really impressed with the tune, but now that I have a 2020, I have to purchase a 2020 MPT tune for $200.

If buying new, the nGuage and MPT 93 PR-X tune would run $575, and advertises gains of 155 rwhp and 177 rwtq, on a completely stock Raptor with a heat soaked engine.

The Cobb Accessport and GooseTuned Raptor Stage 1 Package w/Goose Custom TCM is $1,620 and I couldn't find the advertised gains.

Coming from LSX forced induction tuning, I was accustomed to live dyno tuning and definitely hesitant on any type of mail order tuning. I assume any mail order tuning is on the conservative side. I am having a little difficulty determining the difference between the highly recommended, but more expensive GooseTuned tune, and the MPT tune. Anyone have both or factual numbers between the two? Any have their Raptors tuned on a dyno? And, are there any worthwhile bolt on mods (CAI, etc.) that I can do along with a tune?

I started with Livernois tune first and it "felt" very muted. Then I went to COBB using the off the shelf maps and finally Goosetuned (91 map and e50 maps). Livernois was okay (got roasted by a tuned Explorer sport) - it did not really wake the truck up like the COBB tuner did, and then Winfield really improved the smoothness of the power delivery and gave me the ability to run e50 safely. This truck on e50 is an absolute monster for a 6000 lb flying couch.

The truck Goosetuned is miles and miles of big A** Smiles. I can't say enough good things about his data logging, eye on safety with reliability, and some of the best customer service I have ever had. We finished my tunes on July 4th.

I would use Goosetuned 100/100 times if given the choice.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started off with the MPT tune and switched to the Cobb GooseTuned. Based purely off Dyno numbers I was getting slightly more hp from MPT but I can tell you that the Cobb transmission tune is smoother and less turbo strain.

As far as customer service Goose kills MPT. Those guys were great but I would get a different answer to questions depending on who I was working with. Goose spent so much time with me doing tweaks on the Dyno that it should be illegal. That does not include the time spent from street logs and random questions that pop into my head at all hours of the day. He knows his stuff and actually enjoys helping guys make their trucks run like beasts.