GooseTuned vs. MPT? What am I missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droofe

Reaction score
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but where does 5star tuning fall on the spectrum with the other two being mentioned. I had a 5star in my 2013 and was planning on using them again for my new raptor. But curious if I should be considering others.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but where does 5star tuning fall on the spectrum with the other two being mentioned. I had a 5star in my 2013 and was planning on using them again for my new raptor. But curious if I should be considering others.

Feel free to reach out to me (Goosetuned) to discuss the options I offer. I'm the one who would do the tuning and I know most people like speaking to the tuner *directly* :)

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a BCB tune on my truck and it would overheat under WOT. Got a tune from Tunes Plus Inc and the truck would shift hard from reverse to drive. Got a goosetuned tune and the truck pulls like it should, no more hard shifting or over heating problems and max boost is still around 20psi. Highly recommend Goosetuned. Truck feels like it should from the factory. I am stage 2 tho btw.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Junk

slowyellow

Reaction score
So I don’t have a goosetuned truck... yet. But I’ve had a lot of highly tuned vehicles. My current is a 1200 whp gt500. I know the game. I’ll tell you that drivability and customer service is something that you can’t put a price on. I left a tuner (in person tuner) for an over email tuner over customer service. Only to find out how poor the drivability was with the first tuner. The remote tuning is labor intensive and time consuming, but with the right tuner, rest assured, it can be better than dyno tuning. My 168mm mono blade throttle body was tuned remotely, and it’s spot on... but it took 5 or 6 back and forth emails with the tuner. Thank god it’s not a daily. Also, most times the remote sessions use real world logs, i.e. actual street driving which I feel is better. The biggest price jump is not on goose, it’s on COBB. And the fact that he uses them exclusively tells me something. His actual labor prices are more than likely on par with everyone else out there. And I’d bet money that they don’t provide 25% of the support that he does. It’s your money, and only you can decide what’s best for your budget and if the potential frustration and potential risk is worth the cost difference. Just my .02.

slowyellow

Reaction score
Also, I forgot about tune revisions... most tuners charge hundreds of dollars to go and make minor changes to the tune after a certain amount of time... if I understood him correctly when we spoke, his revisions are included in the purchase price, forever. That’s big too.

Sinz

Reaction score
Good morning all not to hi jack the thread but I traded my truck in on Monday of this week going a different route with an expanding family, that being said,

I have a Cobb Access port tuned by Goose (WGR) with 93 Map I am selling. I can attest as all have stated on here of how the tune from Goose is hands down the best and the way this truck should have came form the factory. As another member stated if you had to go back to a stock raptor with out a tune you would just want to sell the truck.

This is off of my 2019 Raptor brand all original box, manuals, cables included Goose can chime in here as I ran it buy him yesterday first $500.00 takes it shipping included in the USA.

God Bless and Be Safe

slowyellow

Reaction score
Good morning all not to hi jack the thread but I traded my truck in on Monday of this week going a different route with an expanding family, that being said,

I have a Cobb Access port tuned by Goose (WGR) with 93 Map I am selling. I can attest as all have stated on here of how the tune from Goose is hands down the best and the way this truck should have came form the factory. As another member stated if you had to go back to a stock raptor with out a tune you would just want to sell the truck.

This is off of my 2019 Raptor brand all original box, manuals, cables included Goose can chime in here as I ran it buy him yesterday first $500.00 takes it shipping included in the USA.

God Bless and Be Safe

Also, curious about the TCM.

Sinz

Reaction score
I checked with Winfield and I will need to confirm TCM being enabled tonight when I get home from work.

I will respond to all PMS in-between work meetings through out the day so I appreciate the patience.

Last edited: