GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question. Is there any real difference between the upgraded factory location Intercooler or the relocated one? I know it was purpose built for frame cut bumpers but I’m not worried about that. Seems better to keep most items factory for cooling etc but perhaps I’m over thinking it. Just curious if it’s worth the extra work to relocate or not if staying stock bumper etc.

Also I know it’s a stretch… but any idea on when times may be available for a 2024 lol. I know 23s may never happen but has any effort been made for the 24s yet?
Thank you!
They’re not going to start on 24s until they get 23s, but hopefully they’re the same. If you’re not swapping the bumper or adding a winch I think the good stock location ones are great.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completed the steps posted by Goose but am getting a “vehicle not supported by AP” when reinstalling. For those with @COBB Tuning you might want to turn off auto OTA updates until this gets sorted.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Question. Is there any real difference between the upgraded factory location Intercooler or the relocated one? I know it was purpose built for frame cut bumpers but I’m not worried about that. Seems better to keep most items factory for cooling etc but perhaps I’m over thinking it. Just curious if it’s worth the extra work to relocate or not if staying stock bumper etc.

Also I know it’s a stretch… but any idea on when times may be available for a 2024 lol. I know 23s may never happen but has any effort been made for the 24s yet?
Thank you!
I like the bigger cores. I think it's worth it.

Ah man, there is really no way to know at this point.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I completed the steps posted by Goose but am getting a “vehicle not supported by AP” when reinstalling. For those with @COBB Tuning you might want to turn off auto OTA updates until this gets sorted.
Email COBB now, they will get you sorted same day

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the instructions from Cobb and Goose that worked for me. You’ll want to turn off auto OTA updates if you’ve got a tune.

1). Turn off auto OTA updates
2) Uninstall the AP
3) Install the Ford update
4) Download latest AP Manager from Cobb
5) Opt into the “beta firmware” under Options and update AP firmware
6) Reinstall AP and tune to truck

Cobb said they are working on an updated firmware for the truck but opting into the beta firmware is the work around in the meantime.

PS. Having to drive the truck with the stock tune for a couple of days made me appreciate the added performance of the tune.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are the instructions from Cobb and Goose that worked for me. You’ll want to turn off auto OTA updates if you’ve got a tune.

1). Turn off auto OTA updates
2) Uninstall the AP
3) Install the Ford update
4) Download latest AP Manager from Cobb
5) Opt into the “beta firmware” under Options and update AP firmware
6) Reinstall AP and tune to truck

Cobb said they are working on an updated firmware for the truck but opting into the beta firmware is the work around in the meantime.

PS. Having to drive the truck with the stock tune for a couple of days made me appreciate the added performance of the tune.

Awesome!! Thank you for your experience!

Raptor513

Reaction score

Thank you!
On stock intercooler; I wasnt able to keep temps below 125 when it was 80 degrees out. The FMIC is farrrrr superior in cooling. The fact that I have power still when its 90 degrees blows me away. I have seen IAT's of 100-102 when its 90 out. It literally took me all night to install and was a horrible idea. Me being "The guy" like all of us said to myself "That one guy on the forum did it in 2 hours, I can too!".

Worth the lost sleep for sure.

zachery55

Reaction score
On stock intercooler; I wasnt able to keep temps below 125 when it was 80 degrees out. The FMIC is farrrrr superior in cooling. The fact that I have power still when its 90 degrees blows me away. I have seen IAT's of 100-102 when its 90 out. It literally took me all night to install and was a horrible idea. Me being "The guy" like all of us said to myself "That one guy on the forum did it in 2 hours, I can too!".

Worth the lost sleep for sure.
Damn really that’s great to hear but my concern was more of the upgraded factory location versus the relocation upgraded Intercooler. Both still being upgraded Intercoolers. I don’t really plan to swap the bumper now that I have the modular one that I kind of like. Plus after hearing the horror stories of using aftermarket with the acc etc… I’m a diy guy so I’d hate to mess this up lol

Plus I have come to really enjoy the lights behind the grill which I can’t do with a relocated Intercooler. I was more so just curious if it was a huge benefit or not before I started making purchases lol.

All the graphs I have seen don’t seem to show much difference but those are never real world either so that’s why Hopi g someone on here can spread the good word to me lol.
Sorry for the long winded response just wanted to clarify what it is I’m searching for.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn really that’s great to hear but my concern was more of the upgraded factory location versus the relocation upgraded Intercooler. Both still being upgraded Intercoolers. I don’t really plan to swap the bumper now that I have the modular one that I kind of like. Plus after hearing the horror stories of using aftermarket with the acc etc… I’m a diy guy so I’d hate to mess this up lol

Plus I have come to really enjoy the lights behind the grill which I can’t do with a relocated Intercooler. I was more so just curious if it was a huge benefit or not before I started making purchases lol.

All the graphs I have seen don’t seem to show much difference but those are never real world either so that’s why Hopi g someone on here can spread the good word to me lol.
Sorry for the long winded response just wanted to clarify what it is I’m searching for.

Yes, the intercooler upgrade makes a difference whether it’s behind the grill or larger intercooler in stock location. If you’re planning on tuning your truck, the intercooler upgrade is necessary.