Goodyear mtr kevlar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bout to pull trigger on these. Any input would help the final nudge! 35x 12.5 17's. after months of debating these are at the top of my list aggressive looking....not to heavy. Rated well in snow. I live in ny on Long Island.....maybe some snow here but not much.

Anyone know about the road noise?

I'm almost leaning toward toyo at2's but the weight has me going back to mtrs

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bout to pull trigger on these. Any input would help the final nudge! 35x 12.5 17's. after months of debating these are at the top of my list aggressive looking....not to heavy. Rated well in snow. I live in ny on Long Island.....maybe some snow here but not much.

Anyone know about the road noise?

I'm almost leaning toward toyo at2's but the weight has me going back to mtrs

where on long island

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the MTR's on my Jeep and like them, not much road noise at all.
I would much rather have those than the AT.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had them before, great tire, no complaints. Toyo M/Ts are still my all time favorite.

Chase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them. I would recommend the 317/70R17 for a bit higher tire pressure without worrying about setting off the low pressure tire sensor. I have had them for a little over 10,000 miles and no problems at all. Road noise is no worse than the stock bfg's (at least to my ears...), the ride is great, and they are tough as hell. I considered the weight, etc in my decision as well. Pull the trigger and don't look back you will love them. Feel free to ask any more questions if you want.

OP
OP
vince7870

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them. I would recommend the 317/70R17 for a bit higher tire pressure without worrying about setting off the low pressure tire sensor. I have had them for a little over 10,000 miles and no problems at all. Road noise is no worse than the stock bfg's (at least to my ears...), the ride is great, and they are tough as hell. I considered the weight, etc in my decision as well. Pull the trigger and don't look back you will love them. Feel free to ask any more questions if you want.

that makes sense. the load range is a lot higher on the 315's too. that actually concerned me a little when looking at load rating and max tire pressure of the 35's. Its almost identical in size I wonder why the big difference in ratings.

tailgunner

Reaction score
Goodyear Kevlar

I have them on my 03 Rubicon. Noise, not bad, wear not good. I would not recommend them . Toyo or General.