Goodyear Duratrac's or something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine rode like a sponge. Tried all different pressures. Got some kevlars and love them.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine rode like a sponge. Tried all different pressures. Got some kevlars and love them.

Never had that issue at any PSI, i'm not on stock suspension though, but thats the first i've heard of them riding as such on either stock or aftermarket setups...

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dude, I could use my truck riding more spongy! I feel like my truck now is stiff as shit...was the ride just too damn spongy? Like ridiculously spongy?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went from 35 grabber -> toyo mt -> duratracs. Like the duratracs the best so far. Good on road performance, great snow performance and the d side wall is more then enough for the truck.

The toyos were too stiff and too heavy

jnall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn thing would go into a "death" wobble when I would hit it. Suspension is fine.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
damn thing would go into a "death" wobble when I would hit it. Suspension is fine.

Weren't balanced or they weren't rotated properly. I have had 4 sets of duratracs on my diesel. I'm no tire surgeon, but a wobble is indicative of an abnormal condition, not a result of a tire design.

Sorry for the thread jack. Good luck with sale! Im going to duratracs when my stock tires are ready to replace.

Last edited:

Gumart1

Reaction score
I'm planning on having dedicated snow tires mounted on OEM wheels for winter here in Chicago and just had an interesting conversation with Tire Rack. The guy is saying that Duractracs are not true snow tires, even with the snowflake, because they lack a rubber compound, blah blah blah. They have nothing that fits and could only recommend a set of Blizzaks in a smaller 285/70 size. I know many on this forum swear by the Duratracs. For winter/snow only - Duratracs or ?

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on having dedicated snow tires mounted on OEM wheels for winter here in Chicago and just had an interesting conversation with Tire Rack. The guy is saying that Duractracs are not true snow tires, even with the snowflake, because they lack a rubber compound, blah blah blah. They have nothing that fits and could only recommend a set of Blizzaks in a smaller 285/70 size. I know many on this forum swear by the Duratracs. For winter/snow only - Duratracs or ?
I doubt the tire rack guy has ever driven a Raptor with duratracs. They're great in the snow. I had my truck in 4wd maybe 3 times this winter on road and we had a hell of a winter. They're that good.