GEN 2 Go Fast Bits VTA Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digscruze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a TurboSmart SuperSonic BOV, I wanted to provide some insight for those that might be looking to purchase a new BOV or replace their BOV. I've been running the VTA from GFB for close to two months and overall I'm extremely satisfied with their product.

Background on Company
Go Fast Bits, like Turbosmart, are both based in Australia. They fabricate high-quality blow-off valves, boost controllers, pulley kits and short shifters and are especially known for their application for European cars. This is the first and only product (to my knowledge) that is applicable to the Ford Ecoboost platform.

Summary of Product (T9464)
In short this product is a combination of a VTA combined with the actuation of a BOV. This means that it actuates both on the ECU input as well as the mechanical input.

Because of this the ECU retains control of the device but also determines when venting occurs. Theres a notable difference in venting patterns when compared to different drive modes.

Some of the benefits of their VTA

Faster boost recovery on gearshift and during throttle modulation, due to the valve partially venting unlike a mechanical BOV which solely relies on mechanical pressure. When compared to the TS I noticed a slight improvement on boost holding ability, especially when letting off the pedal slightly.

A huge upside, especially for those susceptible to intercooler condensation is that this VTA vents after the truck has been sitting for a while (5+ hours). Im assuming this a programming function from the ECU that expels any air in the intercooler. IM attaching a video for reference and perhaps @FordTechOne can provide more info on this.

Other than that the build quality is superb, the valve itself weights quite a bit and everything from the packaging screams quality. The attention to detail in how they designed the product is also immaculate. For example the bracket that they provide holds the recirc. hose in place, rather than just pugging it.
To me, it highlighted a company and product that was researched and designed legitimately.

Before making my purchase decision i decide to reach out to their CS to gather more information on how their product works and how it compares to that of their TS Supersonic and their eBov. Which they were kind enough to provide feedback and explain how their product holds specific patents that basically makes it unique to this market.

I would strongly encourage anyone that is considering this product and that has specific questions to reach out to them. They have a strong engineering team that is responsive when it comes to answering questions. There is also extensive info on their website.

Installation is simple but requires you to drop down the intercooler for complete access to secure the BOV.

https://gfb.com.au/products/blow-of...ta/vta-t9464-ford-f150-ecoboost-applications/

If you are considering replacing your TS SS BOV, you will need to reuse or repurchase part (JL3Z-9B325-D) and (FL3Z-9U465-A) Turbocharger Boost Pressure Relief Valve

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-purge-control-valve-jl3z9b325d?c=az0x

I plan on selling my SS Bov in case anyone is interested.

» My apologies on the long thread!

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a nice quality product. As far as it opening after the truck has been sitting, I am not seeing the purpose of that. There will be no residual air in the IC, and Gen 2 EB doesn’t have issues with condensation buildup. If it does not contain an internal filter, it would also be allowing dirt/debris/moisture from the air into the intake tract.