Glassworks vs boatec front fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any particular Reason? I have glassworks in hand, but was going to take em back for Boatecs, then I flip flopped again and may just throw on the Glass works, I cant make up my mind. The Boatec Liners are much nicer. Uggg Decisions decisions.

I have had mine for over a year, received multiple compliments, held up to some serious abuse, paid less than Boatecs (especially when you include liners), and still very satisfied with my purchase.

I do like the what I see fixing to come out by RC Prototypes, but they weren't available when I bought my glass (still not available actually). However, those products are fashioned completely different than Glassworks or Boatecs. When it comes down to it why pay more for practically the same product? No one will notice the difference until a up close detailed analysis.

Last edited:

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had mine for over a year, received multiple compliments, held up to some serious abuse, paid less than Boatecs (especially when you include liners), and still very satisfied with my purchase.

I do like the what I see fixing to come out by RC Prototypes, but they weren't available when I bought my glass (still not available actually). However, those products are fashioned completely different than Glassworks or Boatecs. When it comes down to it why pay more for practically the same product? No one will notice the difference until a up close detailed analysis.

Thank you, I think I will just stick with the Glass Works, I have the liners in hand as well as they are well not the best looking at least compared to Boatecs, how do they look installed? Do you know if you are able to LineX the Glasswork Liners?

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Also you running top or mid perch? Currently I am on top (2013) and would like to go to mid, i assume with these and pounding the pinch welds I should be okay.. I am a moderate off roader, not jumping it ect..

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on mid myself. Also, my liners have been coated. I doubt many ppl will have their heads inside your wheel wells to inspect the brand of liners, just my 2 cent on that. For anyone wanting to empty their wallet for show quality liners, Outlaw has some very pretty ones (puts Boatics to shame). Too bad my conscious won't let me spend a arm and leg on something meant to stop rocks and mud.

Mine are 1st gen. fenders (proof I've had em awhile), so have a thinner lip. I used threaded inserts several places then used screws. I didn't want to attach them to the fender itself, because I stuff the tires on hard landings. No issues yet though. However, if anything was destroyed I'd rather it be the inner fender. They're a disposable link in my mind, almost like a mudflap (Been reading ppl breaking them lately, mudflaps, but I foresaw that.)

image_zpsdd0d90c2.jpg

image_zps35176624.jpg

image_zpse105d1b6.jpg

image_zps907dcc5c.jpg

Believe Raptizzle took the same approach.

Last edited:

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a shot of my glassworks liners. They aren't as fitted as boatecs but they do the job and look 1000% better than having no liners at all.

apu4una5.jpg

Thanks guys for the help. I am just going to stick with Glassworks and there liners. I will try and get them LineX prior to taking it to RPG for install. Dan I never really thought of the liners that way (having a cheaper one that you will end up rubbing on anyways) it really makes sense to me now to think that going with the cheaper glass works liners is actually better, like you said a cheap mod to re-install if need be. Now its just a waiting game on when RPG can get me in the shop =)

dlatham

Reaction score
Well I just wish I would have found this forum a lot sooner.Tim has screwed me to death.same story as everyone else.he will not answer his phone and when he does he is so full of shit it's not even funny.I sent him a set of oem fenders on trade and ordered besides,hood,fenders and balance.then he took my credit card and immediately took my money.funny thing when I was ordering he would call me back within minutes and now I can't get him for shit.it's been 6 months now and no parts and no Tim.this dude is amazing.finally had to order from boatec to get everything for our truck.bad thing is this truck is for my son's birthday in February.Tim knew we were building it for him.guess he don't care who he screws.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Well I just wish I would have found this forum a lot sooner.Tim has screwed me to death.same story as everyone else.he will not answer his phone and when he does he is so full of shit it's not even funny.I sent him a set of oem fenders on trade and ordered besides,hood,fenders and balance.then he took my credit card and immediately took my money.funny thing when I was ordering he would call me back within minutes and now I can't get him for shit.it's been 6 months now and no parts and no Tim.this dude is amazing.finally had to order from boatec to get everything for our truck.bad thing is this truck is for my son's birthday in February.Tim knew we were building it for him.guess he don't care who he screws.

Nice first post there....

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice first post there....

:ROFLJest:

I just purchased a set of Glassworks through SVC. Barely any wait time, no ********, and once again a fair price! I will be picking up the truck today and posting my full review of my small build with pics soon. SVC has been GREAT to work with. I highly recommend going through them to get parts for your Raptor as they are able to source "stuff" WAY more quickly and efficiently than us members and some other vendors.