Gladiator worth the trade in ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Wil

Reaction score
thinking of cheating on my 18 raptor with the new gladiator ..... thoughts ? Longevity comparisons ?

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m less of Raptor fan after owning one... but the Gladiator is a couple steps down from the Raptor. I think I would be even more disappointed with the Gladiator. Suspension is just not in the same league.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After riding in several Jeeps (owned by others) one the last 20 plus years, I'm not a fan. Their quality is low...as in REAL LOW. My friends Rich and Deanna had the drivers door of their Grand Cherokee fall off. Jeep=junk.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unless mopar steps it up & drops even a lowly base 5.7 hemi into the wrangler (any version) that vehicle is a straight baby back b***h. Underpowered to all hell- which is why it sports the gearing it does & gets the mileage it does despite the lowish weight.

Sorry wrangler fan boys

However you get there- add power. A 395hp hemi in a wrangler- or especially gladiator- would make all the sense in the world & then some.

Mopar isn’t as stubborn/feminine as Mazda tho- they’ll do it (meaning if the Miata ever got a legit engine it’d be a world beater but Mazda is beta), & I bet the gladiator will be the catalyst that makes it happen...from the company that offers us a 700+hp grand Cherokee

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
They look awesome and be really cool with that diesel that it going to have however they are tiny inside. I love the interior space of the super crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a rental Wrangler 2019 in Denver a few weeks back and although the engine is stronger in the 2019 versus the previous generations, it still felt way under powered. Interior is nicer on the 19’s, but several steps below the Raptor. Honestly a better comparison would be a Ranger or Colorado.