Gladiator transplant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clubracer6

Reaction score
Anything I you miss about the Jeep? Been looking between the Gladiator or a Gen 1 or two Raptor. I’m certainly learning Raptor, but there are a few things I like about the Gladiator better. It’s smaller for daily use and in the garage and the top comes off. I also like the older tech, which is what attracts me to the Gen 1 Raptor as well. Again learning towards the Raptor for many many obvious reasons!

Congrats on yours!!

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anything I you miss about the Jeep? Been looking between the Gladiator or a Gen 1 or two Raptor. I’m certainly learning Raptor, but there are a few things I like about the Gladiator better. It’s smaller for daily use and in the garage and the top comes off. I also like the older tech, which is what attracts me to the Gen 1 Raptor as well. Again learning towards the Raptor for many many obvious reasons!

Congrats on yours!!
The seats ,engine and overall comfort kinda suck in a gladiator considering trips longer than 45 min. But its better in the tight woods for off roading once you get lift and tires on. Its super easy to park and garage because its narrow…

OP
OP
f33d

f33d

Reaction score

Congrats on yours!!
To keep it honest a huge thing for me was ease of repairs. I love fixing my vehicles and the Jeep is so modular you can literally replace 80% with minimal tools. Top down in fall is the best truly can’t replace it. Non premium fuel was cool. The bed walls were lower than fords and other trucks even on 37s they were easier to fully access everything.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Jeep is the biggest Mod blackhole out there (no offense to any Black holes). You can spend tens of thousands and still have a frame that can't tow over 3500 GVW, a transmission that fails commonly, rear axles and gears that give up on harder trails, steering shafts that will leave you stranded far from home, etc.
I had a 2011 Wrangler that I loved and hated, put far too much money into it, supercharged, etc. I would never do that again.
Though we had great fun on the Rubicon trail - something a Raptor could never do.