GJ Motorsports 3rd brakelight/chase light install video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycethebear

Reaction score
I got it new from off-road alliance. Thats what I was wondering. It doesn’t match up to gj-motor sports wiring diagram. I might just order another wiring harness

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a feeling you got the wrong parts if you want the truth. I don't understand what those 2 bare wires are... everything is supposed to be plug and play. You should reach out to them about the issue. If you ever need anything else, check out our site. We stock the GJ Motorsports stuff, and all the harnesses/etc...

Last edited:

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it new from off-road alliance. Thats what I was wondering. It doesn’t match up to gj-motor sports wiring diagram. I might just order another wiring harness

Bryce - Glad to see you're getting around to installing this after receiving everything from us 90+ days ago. I'm also happy that we were able to connect and get you taken care of. While we haven't seen these wires disconnect from their plug before, we'll chalk it up to a fluke and get that replacement sent out. We searched through all of our emails and never saw an email from you. If you, or anyone else for that matter, needs to get ahold of us you can call our general number 888-466-8991. When receiving hundreds of emails every day, sometimes emails don't make it through.

Birdnutz

Reaction score
I just finished installing mine. Purchased them from 4X4 Truck LED's.com. (Thanks for the candy and stickers!) I went with the full wire harness however the ambers are way to bright to run on the pavement. Any way to to dim them down when not using them as chase lights?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just finished installing mine. Purchased them from 4X4 Truck LED's.com. (Thanks for the candy and stickers!) I went with the full wire harness however the ambers are way to bright to run on the pavement. Any way to to dim them down when not using them as chase lights?

Well, it's a chase light lol. Why would you be running this kit if you're not off-roading? It's not designed to be used on public roads...

Birdnutz

Reaction score
I though the additional harness that adds turn and stop would be for the pavement.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

What's your order # so I can see what your configuration is

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's 19386

So yeah you ordered ambers for the outside and white/clear in the center, along with the stop tail turn harness.

So usually folks do red on the outside so that their outer lights act as stop lights/turn signals. So the amber isn't exactly what you want to use for stop (not sure it's legal honestly, as amber is for a turn signal and red is for a brake light/turn signal)

Birdnutz

Reaction score
Yeah, I need the chase lights for SnoBall coming up. I did e-mail BD and they said they make a dimmer for them called the Spod. I may try that and see you guys sell them.