GJ Motorsports 3rd brakelight/chase light install video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Nezat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't lose it. I am making a supplemental vid answering some questions for you guys. We test, install and check most of the products that we sell before we offer them to our customers. You won't lose the brake lights, you get small red LED ones that can been seen from quite the distance. I tested mine on my last 3200 mile trip I just did to El Paso, TX Tucson, AZ and Las Vegas and drive though some fog! works beautifully.
Let me know when you get the video made

Cdcorn1

Reaction score
Installed one today. I went with all S2s with a clear work light in the middle and amber wide cornering on the outside. All I can say is OUTSTANDING!! I was originally going to get the Pros, but am glad I went with the Sports.

I do wish GJ included install instructions. Big Blue thanks for sharing the video, it definitely helped. Installation went slow because I couldn’t figure out how to get the coax inside the center console to my VHF. Once I phoned a friend, it was quick. My only real complaint is the clips that the bolts use to secure the light to the vehicle were a pain in the a$$.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just trying to understand light options and wanted to clarify a couple things.

So with the basic harness, the center cargo light will come on only when you press the cargo light button by the headlight switch (and when you open the doors?), and the side chase lights will come on when you flip the upfitter switch they are tied to correct?

With the reverse harness option, an extra wire ties into the reverse light circuit in the passenger footwell? It provides the same thing as above, but the center cargo light will also come on when shifted into reverse?

I thought I saw a video of someone wiring the extra reverse light wire (with the red clip) to an upfitter wire in the passenger footwell. In which case you could turn it on with an upfitter switch? but can't you already just turn it on with the cargo light button by the headlights, so wasn't sure what the purpose of that was.

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I make the wire harness from the brake light to the aux switches or BCM, you are correct with the two statements,

"The basic harness, the center cargo light will come on only when you press the cargo light button by the headlight switch (and when you open the doors?), and the side chase lights will come on when you flip the upfitter switch they are tied to correct?

With the reverse harness option, an extra wire ties into the reverse light circuit in the passenger footwell? It provides the same thing as above, but the center cargo light will also come on when shifted into reverse?

If you want to add the Aux switch Functionality to the reverse you need a diode kit. You can reach out to me directly and I can provide the kit. Its very in-expensive and easy to add on. You can reach me at [email protected] I wish I had time to check the forum more often but I just can't.

Instructions for the install are on my website at LVJMotorsports.com under the links and are availalbe on the GJ Motorsports website. If you have questions please give me a call, I';m here to help. My number is on my website.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I make the wire harness from the brake light to the aux switches or BCM, you are correct with the two statements,

"The basic harness, the center cargo light will come on only when you press the cargo light button by the headlight switch (and when you open the doors?), and the side chase lights will come on when you flip the upfitter switch they are tied to correct?

If you want to add the Aux switch Functionality to the reverse you need a diode kit. You can reach out to me directly and I can provide the kit. Its very in-expensive and easy to add on. You can reach me at [email protected] I wish I had time to check the forum more often but I just can't.

Instructions for the install are on my website at LVJMotorsports.com under the links and are availalbe on the GJ Motorsports website. If you have questions please give me a call, I';m here to help. My number is on my website.

ok thanks. what would be the reason to tie the center light to an upfitter when you can already turn it on with the cargo light button?

bviperd

Reaction score
Installed one today. I went with all S2s with a clear work light in the middle and amber wide cornering on the outside. All I can say is OUTSTANDING!! I was originally going to get the Pros, but am glad I went with the Sports.

I do wish GJ included install instructions. Big Blue thanks for sharing the video, it definitely helped. Installation went slow because I couldn’t figure out how to get the coax inside the center console to my VHF. Once I phoned a friend, it was quick. My only real complaint is the clips that the bolts use to secure the light to the vehicle were a pain in the a$$.

I have mine ordered from 4x4truckleds and need to run the coax to the center console as well.. how did you end up doing it?

Cdcorn1

Reaction score
Bviperd, Once you get the coax to the rear passenger door, run it under the carpet to the back of the center console. Then remove the cup holders by pulling up on them, that should reveal a couple of screws. Take out the screws and remove the outside back panel of the center console. At this point, you will be able to look down and see an opening in the carpet. This will give you access to the the back of the inside of the console. I drilled a hole large enough to fit the coax cable and the power wires for the VHF radio.