GJ Motorsports 3rd brakelight/chase light install video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bviperd

Reaction score
Bviperd, Once you get the coax to the rear passenger door, run it under the carpet to the back of the center console. Then remove the cup holders by pulling up on them, that should reveal a couple of screws. Take out the screws and remove the outside back panel of the center console. At this point, you will be able to look down and see an opening in the carpet. This will give you access to the the back of the inside of the console. I drilled a hole large enough to fit the coax cable and the power wires for the VHF radio.

Awesome!

Thank you!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We ran our line down the side channel by the doors. Then I went up through my glove box area and over to the top of my dash. We use the BuiltRight Industries Dash Mount for our little Rugged Radio. Perfect length (shameless plug: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/builtri...-for-2015-ford-f-150-raptor-2017-f-250-f-350/)

Thanks for the business guys. The non-NMO will ship right away. The NMO ones are being built (like the BuiltRight products, we can't seem to keep the GJ Kits on the shelf. As SOON as they come in, they are all sold already, but we always have them coming in to TRY and keep in stock)

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had my light since it the first batch that GJ made - it has been an amazing addition to the truck! I'd say I've had it going on 2 years now ish. Today I noticed condensation in the center white light. I proceeded to unbolt the light to see what was going on. I noticed that just about ALL of the screws were not tight - the 4 mount screws and the lens screws as well. 2 of the mount plastic tabs were pulling out as well. I removed the center light, cleaned it up, wiped the o-ring and reassembled. I also put small pieces of duct tape over the plastic mounts that the 4 mount screws screw into hoping it will help them from coming dislodged. Lastly, the gasket of the light is funky as all hell, I actually cut the bottom section and put some good weather stripping I had laying around. Point of my post?

1. Periodically check the screws on your light, the 4 mount screws and the screws holding the lenses.
2. GJ should REALLY think about putting a channel around the mount and use a proper o-ring as the foamy mount doesn't age well and just gets funky.
3. I have noticed my powder coat job is pretty stained on top of the light. Not a huge deal since you can't see it unless you stand in the bed but I would expect a better PC job.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Depends which model you are looking for.

I have 1 non-NMO mount for the Gen2s left in stock. Everything else sold out. We have another inventory shipment coming in this week I believe, but we also have a lot of pre-orders as well sitting in the queue. So we're not 100% sure what will be left out of this shipment.

By the time inventory comes in to us, it's usually sold out. it's why we constantly have re-supply orders in with GJ to keep stock always rolling in