GJ Motorsports 3rd brakelight/chase light install video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

havinnoj

Reaction score
When i took my light out to fix one of the BD lights, the gasket literally fell apart.

Mine wasn't that bad but I did have some concern with how the gasket seemed to be "tossed carelessly" into the box - mine had a number of bends and depressions from resting against the light itself in the box.

Dartv8r

Reaction score
Question for all the owners of this light kit, do the 3 red led lights always stay on? I installed mine today and the 3 red brake lights are always on even when the brake isn’t pressed. Thanks in advance.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are on when your lights are on. They get brighter when you step on the brake.

If they are on and turn off when you step on the brake, that's because the little black box module has the wires backwards. A bunch of them left production that way for some reason. You just need to swap/reverse the wires on that black module

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are on when your lights are on. They get brighter when you step on the brake.

If they are on and turn off when you step on the brake, that's because the little black box module has the wires backwards. A bunch of them left production that way for some reason. You just need to swap/reverse the wires on that black module

Just shot you a DM.

Mike27t

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are replacement LEDs available? The driver side on my gen 2 isn't working.

brycethebear

Reaction score
2011 Ford raptor.
When I installed my light today the brake leds won’t light up. On the wiring I have there’s a black relay that has a blue wire and from the main connector from under the headliner there a black wire do these connect to each other?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2011 Ford raptor.
When I installed my light today the brake leds won’t light up. On the wiring I have there’s a black relay that has a blue wire and from the main connector from under the headliner there a black wire do these connect to each other?
On the Gen2 Raptors, it's all outside the truck. on the Gen1 Raptors, if you reach your hand inside (or even from the back seat area). Right behind the hole above the liner is your connection point. It's not outside the truck like on the Gen2 Raptors

brycethebear

Reaction score
I got the plug from inside, but from the GJ wiring harness theres a plug that has a red wire which a white connector and a blue wire which connects to that black relay. What does that blue wire connect to. I figured out the black wire is a ground. Lights come on when you press the brake pedal but won’t stay on with the lights on.

Attachments

• AEA4B818-2A14-4329-925A-33BEDEB42B02.jpeg
    AEA4B818-2A14-4329-925A-33BEDEB42B02.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 30

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got the plug from inside, but from the GJ wiring harness theres a plug that has a red wire which a white connector and a blue wire which connects to that black relay. What does that blue wire connect to. I figured out the black wire is a ground. Lights come on when you press the brake pedal but won’t stay on with the lights on.

Where did you order your kit from? What's with the bare wire leads??? Is it a used kit or new?