Gen2 rear sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rma

Reaction score
Hi Guys

New to the forum here, I pulled the trigger on the Gen2 raptor couple of months back after trading in my F150.

I usually load the truck on weekends with my Yeti350 and some fishing gear and drive 400miles every other weekend for fishing. The load (on a good fishing weekend) would be around 300lbs. The truck sags with that amount of load and becomes harder to control + it looks ugly :(:(.

Someone suggested airlift system.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Thanks

Wouldn't this make the rear stiffer when bed is empty though?
Nope rides the same as stock but more control. They are progressive and stiffed as you load them. Not sure how much it will help, my springs were reversed arched after about 5k so I replaced them but seems like it still sags quite a bit when loaded. Enough that I hit the bottout shocks in rear when i go into a drive way at angle.

Jsousa03

Reaction score
The Raptor rides great as long as you have very little weight in the bed. I carry 300-400 pounds in my bed basically all the time for work and had to go with the Deaver +3 HD to get it back to stock height with the weight and to get the ride quality back. The problem with keeping the stock springs with weight puts the rear shocks in the bump zone all the time and you lose the nice ride quality of the Raptor. The ride is back to normal with the Deavers and even with no weight is still rides great compared to stock IMO.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever experienced the timbrens? They are terrible! Great if you like riding on the bump stops and loosening your teeth and back pain!

Get the deavers nothing else compares! Deaver is also adding leafs to the stock pack for about half the cost of their leaf springs.

I went with the deaver +2HD with camburg shackles and SVC bump kit. I carry aprox 300lbs all the time. My brother did the deaver stock pack with added progressive spring and camburg shackles. His truck drops about 3/4” with 500lb tongue weight and mine about the same maybe a little less.

If you not going to off-road get the resprung stock leaf by deaver or the deavers with the kit that keeps your stock bump stops, deaver usually has these in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I got plus 2+ and if I’m honest with my self I should have got the 2+ HD pack for carting around the extra weight of my cooler and gear.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it really bothers you that much just get some Deavers you wont regret the purchase. They are a lil pricey but at the end of the day they absolutely work.

I did not go with the HD set up since I dont carry a load but I did go with the +3s since I did the Geiser 2.5" springs up front and wanted my truck to sit level... truck rides great nice and smooth and way more planted.