Gen2 fog light recommendations for clean fit and finish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akoudlai

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently bought a really nice gen2 in magnetic grey (was a hard choice between that and performance blue but the near color match to fenders is what sold me on the grey)

Hoping to put some fog lights on soon and I’m a little disappointed with the fit and finish of most of the kits that I’m seeing. I’m sure these kits have great lights and perform amazing but I really want to find something that fits perfectly into the openings on the stock bumper. It doesn’t have to have a bezel but should look like it was made for the raptor instead of just fitted to it and made to work.

Most of what Im seeing just looks like 3 hanging cubes, a cheap Amazon special, or a bezel that has 1/2” gaps and or doesn’t fit standard cubes cleanly.

Any suggestions for a good kit that is going to look like it was meant for the truck and fits perfectly? Please include links or pics!

Thanks all!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius that you want to install fog lights on.

I ran SPV brackets with Rigid in the stock bumper. I would suggest Baja Design over the Rigids. John makes outstanding harnesses.

20210915_140605.jpg

I have since switched from a factory bumper to aftermarket and running LP9s, XL80s and a S8 light bar.

20230218_133659.jpg

You can also just get a light bar that fits with the factory bumper and run better lights. @smurfslayer can help you out with pictures and information on that set up.

OP
OP
A

akoudlai

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius that you want to install fog lights on.

I ran SPV brackets with Rigid in the stock bumper. I would suggest Baja Design over the Rigids. John makes outstanding harnesses.

View attachment 416710

I have since switched from a factory bumper to aftermarket and running LP9s, XL80s and a S8 light bar.

View attachment 416711

You can also just get a light bar that fits with the factory bumper and run better lights. @smurfslayer can help you out with pictures and information on that set up.
Thanks Nex!

Great to see your setup. I don’t have a Prius (unless that’s an inside raptor joke I’m not aware of yet ha)

I was leaning towards Baja from my research but just wanted a way to set the lights up with a bracket or bezel that makes it look like it was made for the raptor itself. I know I’m probably poking at fine details more than I should but for example the cubes being “cut off” by the frame of the bumper would bother me… I think.

Here is my -new to me- grey dinosaur

Looking forward to seeing everyone else’s setups and recommendations!

Attachments

• 307567F3-D90D-4293-95B3-BFB82D3A2110.jpeg
    307567F3-D90D-4293-95B3-BFB82D3A2110.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 24

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have a fresh pair of B/D SAE if you’re interested

I run 6x squadron lights in the bumper. Using the 4x4truckleds mount

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Off-road Alliance triple bezel kit. I opted for the security kits, light guards, and the pre made harness. I think the fit is awesome! As close to a factory look as you’re gonna get IMO. Highly recommend.
Sorry for the dirty photos, just ran out to garage to get ‘em. (The light guards extend the wheel well-liner to cover the back of the lights.)

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
A

akoudlai

Reaction score
I have a fresh pair of B/D SAE if you’re interested

I run 6x squadron lights in the bumper. Using the 4x4truckleds mount
Definitely interested and interested in seeing any pics if you have them. That’s the kit with the 2 4led cubes and 1 2led cube right? All clear or mixed in with amber?

OP
OP
A

akoudlai

Reaction score
I have the Off-road Alliance triple bezel kit. I opted for the security kits, light guards, and the pre made harness. I think the fit is awesome! As close to a factory look as you’re gonna get IMO. Highly recommend.
Sorry for the dirty photos, just ran out to garage to get ‘em. (The light guards extend the wheel well-liner to cover the back of the lights.)
Yea I’ve been eyeing this kit the glossy black bezel i suppose could be painted to match the bumper. My only concern with this kit is how deep the bezel housing is. Does it limit the light spread? I’d like the setup to cast a broad light over everything in front and sides of the truck. Not so much be mid range front focused. How does that bezel affect the light spread in your experience?

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would think the setback would have a tunnel effect… But the light projects and spreads really well. I will say though, I don’t have much to compare them to. I have Rigid spots, Rigid floods, then Baja Design Ambers on the outside. Honestly, the Bajas are the brightest. When all 3 are on, they provide a ton of light. And yes, I’m sure you could paint the bezels.