Gen 3 Raptor - Too perfect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CookieMonster11b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor is the first vehicle I've purchased that I can't really think of improving. Outside of some of the issues we've seen on this board, there are really not many after-market things I feel the need to do. I've purchased a lot of vehicles in the past, starting from a civic (back in the F&F days), 93 RX-7, s2000, JKU Rubicon, g35, f150 (not in this order), and several others in between. but every vehicle before the Raptor I've modified as soon as I got them. I've modded every single motorcycle I've owned from crotch rockets to Harleys. The Raptor is just too perfect, I'm still trying to decide what wheels to purchase but outside of that, there's NOTHING ELSE TO DO! This is what retirement must feel like (I'm not retired, wish I was)

That is all.
200.gif

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Light bar for night time shenanigans, bedliner, and tint. That’s about it for me

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor is the first vehicle I've purchased that I can't really think of improving. Outside of some of the issues we've seen on this board, there are really not many after-market things I feel the need to do. I've purchased a lot of vehicles in the past, starting from a civic (back in the F&F days), 93 RX-7, s2000, JKU Rubicon, g35, f150 (not in this order), and several others in between. but every vehicle before the Raptor I've modified as soon as I got them. I've modded every single motorcycle I've owned from crotch rockets to Harleys. The Raptor is just too perfect, I'm still trying to decide what wheels to purchase but outside of that, there's NOTHING ELSE TO DO! This is what retirement must feel like (I'm not retired, wish I was)

That is all.
View attachment 330883
Really!!?? I test drove one and was disappointed by the power.... I was expecting more. Although it's the first full size truck I've driven.

Yes definitely feels more powerful than my 2016 Rubicon JKU with 4.10s.

But I expected more...

I ordered a 2022... not knowing when I'll actually get it, I already have a list of mods to do.
Larger Intercooler
Larger Intake Filter
Downpipes
Tune

Hoping to increase the HP and TQ to at least 500hp / 550-575tq.

I just think 450hp is meh... especially for such a big heavy truck.

Disclaimer, I daily drive a 750hp Mustang... lol

In comparison, I test drove a 2021 Explorer ST after the 2020 Raptor and that Explorer ST blew my mind how fast it was. I loved its power delivery. Definitely was not expecting that level of performance... The wife is getting the ST!! Need that vehicle in the stable. Lol

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really!!?? I test drove one and was disappointed by the power.... I was expecting more. Although it's the first full size truck I've driven.

But I expected more...

I ordered a 2022... not knowing when I'll actually get it, I already have a list of mods to do.
Larger Intercooler
Larger Intake Filter
Downpipes
Tune

In comparison, I test drove a 2021 Explorer ST after the 2020 Raptor and that Explorer ST blew my mind how fast it was. I loved its power delivery. Definitely was not expecting that level of performance... The wife is getting the ST!! Need that vehicle in the stable. Lol
Put the Raptor in sport drive mode and, imo, it is a completely different truck.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score

But I expected more...

Larger Intercooler
Larger Intake Filter
Downpipes
Tune

Tell me about the Mustang. Have owned about 6 myself....96 Mystic, Procharged 02GT, 04 Mach1, 04 Cobra with Kennebell, 11 5.0, Procharged 15 GT.