Gen 2 value raising or falling?

Gen 2 value increase or decrease?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decrease IMO. What’s unique about it? Gen 1 is the flagship, you can see how the low mileage trucks hold their value well. Gen 2 will now just be out dated raptor.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since the Gen3 release and 3.5 staying around...will the Gen2 increase in value or decrease?
Should stay about the same. Just like gen1's, the prices aren't increasing or decreasing.

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, the value of late model SCABs just went up since Ford discontinued them with the Gen3. That said, a truck is a depreciating appliance. I intend to drive my SCAB till the wheels fall off and then buy a new one or put the wheels back on and drive thm off again.

OP
OP
ShawnJ

ShawnJ

Reaction score
For me, the value of late model SCABs just went up since Ford discontinued them with the Gen3. That said, a truck is a depreciating appliance. I intend to drive my SCAB till the wheels fall off and then buy a new one or put the wheels back on and drive thm off again.

seeing them on cars.com go for a some money. Crazy!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive mine because I want to, with no illusions that it will go up in value. Now, given what's going on at the Treasury, the number of dollars you can trade your used truck for may be higher than the number of dollars you paid, but the value, the number of barrels of oil or bushels of wheat or acres of land that you can trade it for will go down. It's a depreciating asset because it's value goes down over time as you use it up. So there is only one correct answer on your list. Anyone who think differently needs to go read about basic economics. If you added "I don't give a rip", that might be counted as correct. I hope so, because that's my answer.

FarmersFight

Reaction score
Would be logical to assume that Gen 2s will depreciate, like all used vehicles, but not at nearly the same rate as a regular F150– even a nice King Ranch one. With the predictability high price of the 2021s, I think the older ones will maintain higher prices— especially the pavement princess ones.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I. remembered when I treaded in my 2016 Tacoma TRD sport for my 2017 Raptor, I have to pay over sticker ( in Cali, that's the norm) but I got more then what I paid for on my Tacoma on a trade in. I made $4k on the Tacoma. So in reality I paid less for the stupid dealer mark up. That's the only time I made money on a use vehicle.