Gen 2 Tailgate For Gen 1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see how it progressed from my first sticker to the latest. I decided that I needed more highlights in the font and the badging the same color as the truck. Hey ...works for me.
It does look good but weird to see lol

This.. man if i could get the cam in the handle and get rid of that big emblem for a normal flatter one itd be great.
I think this is the handle. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2550342022...d=link&campid=5338805043&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In conjunction with the removed oval ford emblem and the tailgate handle with the camera mount, the appliqué is either going to need to be trimmed a few inches around the tailgate handle( like barricade did with his wrap) or the entire appliqué moved down just below her he handle. Just gonna play with it and see how well I can get it to look. Also wanting to try and make a mounting point or 2 where the ford oval would be to “pull in” the appliqué right to the tailgate

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
In conjunction with the removed oval ford emblem and the tailgate handle with the camera mount, the appliqué is either going to need to be trimmed a few inches around the tailgate handle( like barricade did with his wrap) or the entire appliqué moved down just below her he handle. Just gonna play with it and see how well I can get it to look. Also wanting to try and make a mounting point or 2 where the ford oval would be to “pull in” the appliqué right to the tailgate

Sounds like a good plan. Im just hoping the camera reaches the handle easily lol

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did! I dropped it off at the local vinyl wrap guys. Should be ready Sunday. I had them wrap it in satin black and “FORD” in satin metallic gray . My handle just came in today as I was removing the oval emblem. I’ll post pics of the appliqué Sunday. Before I mount it I wanna add bondo to each corner on the underside of it and have a little more surface area for the 3M tape. The perimeter lip for the 3M tape is pretty narrow. But like I mentioned before I ALSO wanna try and add at least 1 screw going through one of the holes in the tailgate where the oval emblem mounts to add attach the appliqué with a screw aswell. It will just be too heavy and not last long term if these things are not done IMO.
I’m still trying to decide wether to mount the appliqué just beneath the new handle or notch the appliqué around it.
Once I get the appliqué back I will snap some pics to go along with this dumb rant of a post lol.
I didn’t realize anyone else cared which is why I haven’t updated lol

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Notching would be neat but possibly a pita.
yeah im always up for seeing new projects people are doing.
Im just going with the cam in the handle and a 9” emblem to replace the current bulgy cam/emblem Lol clean it up and update the style a bit.