Gen 2 Tailgate For Gen 1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to see where ALL THESE GARBAGE failed Gen 2 beds are at? I've yet to see a single one!
Yea as far as I know the Gen 2 was an improvement over the Gen 1 bed in nearly all aspects. We still got a few advantages on the older beds though.
I mean I’ve got a cool magnet on my keys I can stick to the bed of my Gen 1.
Can’t do that with your fancy aerospace metal can ya’?
So I got that going for me which is nice.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea as far as I know the Gen 2 was an improvement over the Gen 1 bed in nearly all aspects. We still got a few advantages on the older beds though.
I mean I’ve got a cool magnet on my keys I can stick to the bed of my Gen 1.
Can’t do that with your fancy aerospace metal can ya’?
So I got that going for me which is nice.
:gr_grin: I love trying to stick a magnet light somewhere when I'm working on my truck!

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having any substantial load in the Gen 2 beds has been causing the supports to weaken, lowering the bed into the frame. If you see anyone running a rack in the bed of the rigs, the spot to point out is the bed/frame interface where an aftermarket bump stop kit would go. The inner wheel wells are collapsing into in. Just need to look for it. And yes, My Gen 1 may be a rusty clunkard of an *******, but at least my magnetic beer holder has something to stick to. Your move Gen 2's!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having any substantial load in the Gen 2 beds has been causing the supports to weaken, lowering the bed into the frame. If you see anyone running a rack in the bed of the rigs, the spot to point out is the bed/frame interface where an aftermarket bump stop kit would go. The inner wheel wells are collapsing into in. Just need to look for it. And yes, My Gen 1 may be a rusty clunkard of an *******, but at least my magnetic beer holder has something to stick to. Your move Gen 2's!
The Gen 2 bed is structurally stronger than Gen 1. In fact, everything is stronger right down to the frame. Enough with your completely unsubstantiated nonsense.

And no, Gen 2 tailgate is not compatible with Gen 1. F-150 was fully redesigned from the ground up in 2015, even the bed dimensions are different.

Last edited:

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 2 bed is structurally stronger than Gen 1. In fact, everything is stronger right down to the frame. Enough with your completely unsubstantiated nonsense.

And no, Gen 2 tailgate is not compatible with Gen 1. F-150 was fully redesigned from the ground up in 2015, even the bed dimensions are different.
How much gap would we be talking? Surely less than a Tesla right? :troll3:

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you even talking about?
I'm just ribbing you for no good reason. You said it was completely different dimensions, so I was being a smart@$$ by suggesting even if you wedged it in there it may fit better than panels on $140k iPad on wheels.
You were being serious and I am anything but when I'm on this forum.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm just ribbing you for no good reason. You said it was completely different dimensions, so I was being a smart@$$ by suggesting even if you wedged it in there it may fit better than panels on $140 iPad on wheels.
You were being serious and I am anything but when I'm on this forum.
Haha ok, gotcha.