Gen 2: Is the V6 right for the Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
This is what I’m talking about. I’m just trolling you guys and you get all butthurt. Thanks for proving me right.
Isn’t that the desired effect of trolling?

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the TRX sparks a big motor ***** war, it will suck for all involved. I don't want a big liter boat anchor up front. IMO a few tweaks to the TTV6 and you already have more power than you'd really ever need. I'll take forced induction over NA all day long. I don't see how a 700+ HP offroad truck makes it better off road. Shit, I can barely keep my rear tires from spinning all the time as it is.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen2's are quite a bit pricier than the Gen1 and Ford has built more of them, so there will be more of them around.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Isn’t that the desired effect of trolling?

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument
If you want to be on that side of it yes. A good healthy ration of shit handed back and forth in jest is not a problem. It makes things more lighthearted and fun IMO. I agree on some shit the Gen 1 guys that bitch about you're in my forum blah blah blah, it's ******* retarded they're both Raptors. The Gen 1 and Gen 2 split on the forum should only be for specific modifications or troubleshooting. There is no need for a What did you do to your Raptor today Gen1 and Gen2 separation. That's just me though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you want to be on that side of it yes. A good healthy ration of shit handed back and forth in jest is not a problem. It makes things more lighthearted and fun IMO. I agree on some shit the Gen 1 guys that bitch about you're in my forum blah blah blah, it's ******* retarded they're both Raptors. The Gen 1 and Gen 2 split on the forum should only be for specific modifications or troubleshooting. There is no need for a What did you do to your Raptor today Gen1 and Gen2 separation. That's just me though.

well, there’s some truth in your post, but... The Jennifer crew is --obsessed-- with mpg. I’ve never seen so many “performance vehicle” owners cry about poor fuel economy.

One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

But otherwise, yeah, I agree.
One big happy family and all.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Ford overestimated the sales for new Raptors. The Rebel took some market and the ZR2 is smaller but capable too. It sounds like theres not problem with power in the V6 so I think its just more supply than demand. I personally like the idea of the Coyote turbo idea.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
When the 2017’s were new, people were on here and everywhere on the internet, whining and b!tching about dealers charging over MSRP for a tarted up F150. Ford promised then to produce the Rap is much larger numbers than before.

They did.

Now, you can buy a Raptor like you can buy a regular truck... Almost.
This is a good thing.

fordnewbie

Reaction score
It sounds like Ford overestimated the sales for new Raptors. The Rebel took some market and the ZR2 is smaller but capable too. It sounds like theres not problem with power in the V6 so I think its just more supply than demand. I personally like the idea of the Coyote turbo idea.

LOL. Owned a Rebel. The only market Ram took from the Raptor was the “I can’t afford a Raptor so I’ll settle for a Rebel” market.

Edge-st

Reaction score
Can we add Cam phasers to the topic?... Sure my 17 went into the dealer a few weeks back because of the engine check light. Code P0022... The services manager indicated that Ford is supposed to have a fix 4th quarter this year.....